Snooze or Unlist?

Answered!
Mark4703
Level 1
Kingston, NY

Snooze or Unlist?

I am renting out my home for a year and wondering what i should do regarding my listing.  The rental does not start until October so I don't want to deactivate the listing now if that's possible.  I tried to snooze starting in October for 6 months (maximum allowed) but that does not seem to be working.  Any suggestions?

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Mark4703 

Snooze or unlist? Neither one.🙂

From the calendar on the browser version of Airbnb, select the October rental start date, then scroll to the ending month in 2024, and hold the shift key down as you select the rental end date. That should select the entire range of dates. Then, on the right-hand side, select Block Nights. If there is already mixed availability (usually if some of the dates are already blocked because of a max booking window or other reason), you may have to select Edit Availability, after selecting the dates and before blocking the nights.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Mark4703 

Snooze or unlist? Neither one.🙂

From the calendar on the browser version of Airbnb, select the October rental start date, then scroll to the ending month in 2024, and hold the shift key down as you select the rental end date. That should select the entire range of dates. Then, on the right-hand side, select Block Nights. If there is already mixed availability (usually if some of the dates are already blocked because of a max booking window or other reason), you may have to select Edit Availability, after selecting the dates and before blocking the nights.

Maxine33
Level 7
Alexandria, VA

I agree with @Pat271 , block the dates (leave yourself an internal note if you like), and leave the listing active.  You never know when someone will be planning their trip. Would you believe I am already getting inquiries for 2025?