Suggestion for Booked Listing Page

Victoria1433
Level 2
Kazan, Russia

Suggestion for Booked Listing Page

Hi!

I hope everyone is doing well with your travels! I know I've been glued to news sites reading about Ukraine, I really hope this conflict will end soon and that people will be able to return home - it is horrifying to see all of this happening. Due to the situation, I'll be doing the next leg of my long stay in Russia after my time here in Georgia is done, as currently my bank cards no longer work abroad - thank god I always keep cash with me to change money when needed. 

I had a random thought a bit ago when at one of my Airbnb's, where the big bins to place bags of trash outside to be collected were very hidden behind a building not visible when I walked around outside of my Airbnb, and I had to ask my host where to find it. 

I had a thought about the potential of adding something like an FAQ section to the landing page you get once you've booked a stay where all the details about the address & check-in are listed. I'm sure that at different Airbnb's, there are questions that hosts frequently are asked such as where to dispose of trash, how a certain appliance can be used, even where they recommend shopping or eating nearby (Most of my hosts have written out places to go and seem to copy in their recommendations). 

I thought it could be interesting for the hosts to have the ability to add some sort of an FAQ section into the booking landing page where they provide answers to questions they are frequently asked about the Airbnb or location, but that they may not want to like write out in their actual listing description (for example, where to dispose of trash for long-stay people if it is tucked away somewhere and harder to find). 

It was just a passing thought, but I thought most hosts and listings probably have questions they get asked by many of the people staying, and this could provide them the ability to write it down so they aren't asked the same things over and over again. 

Hope everyone is doing well :  )

Regards,

Victoria

3 Replies 3
Maria-Luisa34
Level 3
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi Victoria,

I'm very sorry that you got trapped in this nightmarish situation. Hope you can continue your journey in the best way possible.

And I totally subscribe to your suggestion. It´s much more practical than asking the host to create a  binder or list to read at the property.

Best wishes.

María

Maria Luisa Mac Kay
Marquita4
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi @Victoria1433 ! I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such an ordeal. I hope you and your family are remaining safe and you're still able to enjoy your travels.

To echo @Maria-Luisa34 I think that's a great suggestion. I am also finding that often hosts love to communicate essential details over WhatsApp, as opposed to the Airbnb site.

But if you are having issues with WhatsApp, then you can miss them and they're not always readily accessible. 

Whereas routinely listing these details in one place immediately after booking would be so helpful. 

Safest travels, Victoria!
Marquita 

Stephanie2009
Level 4
Chattanooga, TN

Great suggestion. I feel like info like that is often in 3-4 different places (the check-in section, messages, WhatsApp, something printed.) As a host, I send one massive message with stuff like that that is automated to go out 3 days before they arrive, but it's not a perfect solution either.

And ditto Maria and Marquita's comments-- I hope you're able to stay safe and enjoy the remainder of this year to the best of your ability. 

Steph