Superhost Survey on most guest coveted amenity upgrades

Answered!
Mandrake-And-Karen0
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

Superhost Survey on most guest coveted amenity upgrades

Hi Superhosts,

We have been Supershosts now for about 3+ years.  We started out with more basic amenities and upgraded along the way to add concrete walkway, digital lock, luggage rack, additional kitchen cabinet storage, washer and dryer, slippers and eye masks and white noise machine.  The unit has a full sized refrigerator, microwave/convection oven, roaster, toaster, baking oven and induction stove top with 2 eyes.  Also we have 2 TVs and offer Disney +, Netflix, Hulu and other Roku channels. Wanting to take amenities to the next level if it will bring in more $$.  Not wanting to spend too much money but wanting to upgrade to more luxurious offerings that will be coveted and used by most future guests.

Any suggestions of what amenities, not mentioned, but that guests love and ask for- that we could provide?

Thanks a bunch,

Karen & Mandrake

1 Best Answer

When thinking about extra amenities focus on who you know is your target market that you want to attract and building your amenities and any welcome gifts around them. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mandrake-And-Karen0 

One of the things my guests have always seemed to appreciate, and which requires very little investment, is the welcome blackboard with their name written on it. Almost every guest loves this. It's not necessarily a 'luxury' item, but many guests appreciate the personal touches.

Hi Huma0,  thanks for sharing your idea of a blackboard.  We leave a  handwritten card to welcome them.  Also, after they book I usually reach out to ask what is the guest(s) favorite snack and I purchase it and leave it in the apartment for check in.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Here in Phuket we cater for all nationalities so we have to think of different things guest like, 

If you have Asian guest you need a rice cooker, English like a big cup of tea in the mornings so have some big mugs.

We have different coffee machines, the most expensive one we bought "Gaggia" espresso doesn't seem to get used it's sitting on the top of the fridge.

We have blenders they seem to get used a lot guest like to make Smoothies, and local fruit is cheap here.

Hair dryers are a must we get asked do we have them,

Pack of Cards 

That makes sense to offer what is most beneficial or relevant to each guest.  Wondering about what you said about nationalities.  Not everyone is the same based on their nationality.  They may not have the same "likes" or preferences.  They may not like the same foods, coffees, etc.  I just ask my guest(s) what kind of food they like.  I wouldn't want to offend any guests because of assumptions that I make based on stereotypes.

When thinking about extra amenities focus on who you know is your target market that you want to attract and building your amenities and any welcome gifts around them. 

Helen3, that makes sense! Our rental attracts somewhat varied guests- the majority though seems to be empty nesters/relocators/grandparents and travelling nurses. Followed by contractors and vacationers. In general, our amenities focus on comforts and conveniences  We've gotten more curious and have been asking our guests directly what amenities they would like and we listened and implemented what we could within reason.  That's how we got where we are.  Wondering though if we offered anything new or different would it attract others that don't normally book?