Suspended for Reporting Unauthorised Guest Count

Answered!
Jagdeep5
Level 2
Taplow, United Kingdom

Suspended for Reporting Unauthorised Guest Count

I'm new to Airbnb and have had a great experience with guests so far. However, I recently had a situation where a new guest, who seemed genuine, booked my place for four guests but arrived with eight. My property is only allowed for four guests, and I explicitly state that larger gatherings and parties are not permitted in my listing. I have a camera doorbell that recorded the additional guests arriving and engaging in what appeared to be a small party.

I contacted Airbnb for assistance, providing video evidence of the situation and allowing them to speak with the guest, who claimed the extra guests were only dropping things off. However, the camera footage clearly showed a gathering with drinks and a cake being brought into the property. To make matters worse, the next morning, my cleaner discovered that six people had stayed overnight, and the property was left in a mess, including vomit in the ensuite.

Unexpectedly, on Monday morning, I discovered that my Airbnb profile had been suspended without any explanation. It took some effort and reaching out to the Airbnb community to discover that a support person marked my video submission, which briefly blocked the camera, as a guest violation, leading to the suspension of my account. I've been through a frustrating process just to understand what happened, and I recently submitted pictures showing the camera's placement on the front door in an appeal to have my account reinstated, especially since I have upcoming bookings.

It's been a frustrating experience, and I hope Airbnb can resolve this issue promptly, as I'm just starting my journey as a host. Currently, my messages are going unanswered, and I'm eager to get back to hosting.

1 Best Answer
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

You need to disclose the existence of any kind of surveillance cameras and their locations to Airbnb. If you don't disclose them explicitly on your listing, then the safety team can intervene and suspend your listing due to violation of privacy.

I've also heard that a lot of listings get suspended when they report a party, I don't know if it's related to them not disclosing the existence of surveillance cameras or not. Anyways, I would be careful when reporting a party to airbnb since I'm also not 100% sure why they're getting suspended for reporting a party, since getting suspended is the worst thing that can happen to an airbnb host.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

You need to disclose the existence of any kind of surveillance cameras and their locations to Airbnb. If you don't disclose them explicitly on your listing, then the safety team can intervene and suspend your listing due to violation of privacy.

I've also heard that a lot of listings get suspended when they report a party, I don't know if it's related to them not disclosing the existence of surveillance cameras or not. Anyways, I would be careful when reporting a party to airbnb since I'm also not 100% sure why they're getting suspended for reporting a party, since getting suspended is the worst thing that can happen to an airbnb host.

I am dealing with the same thing right now.   They wont answer me back or give me a time periods for suspension.  We know nothing.  We didnt even know we were suspended until we checked out our calender.   No one will call us back.  Ours was drug deals being done and giving out our code to every dealer.