Switching primary hosts and payouts

Switching primary hosts and payouts

Hello, I recently purchased a cottage that is listed on here by the previous owner. We are trying to switch it over to me but it is not entirely in my control still. He made me primary host but he still shown as listing admin. Even though I changed the payout method, he still receiving payouts from the guests. How can we change this? I need the account to be entirely under me. Is this possible or do I have to deactivate the account and start a new one? Please help.

1 Reply 1
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Chris12935  I hope you are well!

Switching primary hosts isn’t an issue, as that isn’t related to the ownership of the listing/account or back end financials.

Unfortunately it’s not possible to change the listing admin, which is why you’re running into difficulties.

Really you need to create a new listing under your own account, you’ll then be the listing admin and will have full control over payout methods, co-hosts and so on.

Could be more tricky if there are future live bookings on the original listing, in which case you might need some assistance from Airbnb.