The Best Paint Colors for Airbnb

Answered!
Mark8
Level 3
Boston, MA

The Best Paint Colors for Airbnb

Hi Airbnb Community,

I am a 10-year Airbnb Superhost and now Ambassador.  In addition to my Airbnb gig, I am also a color and design enthusiast.  I thought it would be fun to discuss different paint color options for Airbnb rentals.  What are your favorite colors, how do your guests respond and how you feel about color as a host.  I look forward to the conversation.

s.jpeg

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mark8 

I could probably talk about paint colours all day. A lot of hosts would probably say stick to neutrals in an Airbnb, or even just white, but I don't agree. Then again, I host in my own home, so I pretty much decorate for myself, but the guests seem to really like it.

At the moment, most of my house is painted in pale colours, like very light blue or very light grey but there are pops of colour in wallpaper on feature walls and in the furnishings. The bathroom is currently a darker grey, but the only room I've gone for a bold colour is this guest room:

Stockwell-SW9-london-houses-028-1200x1800.jpg

In this photo it actually looks quite similar to the colour @Quincy mentioned, but it's hard to tell on screen. I think the blue changes a lot depending on the light. This colour is Little Greene Airforce Blue.

I definitely want to use more colour/deeper colours in the house and have a very plans, but I keep changing my mind.

Stockwell-SW9-london-houses-038-1200x781.jpgThe grey bathroom is due for a refresh and I was planning on going for the pale coffee colour I've used in one of the other bedrooms, but now I am thinking pink! I really like the idea of a pale, subtle (not too sugary) pink in there which I think will make it feel warmer and help the new tiles, which are a Zelige style, to stand out. I am thinking something along these lines, and also of painting the window frames black to tie in with the black chandelier:

e96b853d979e4a300b889637cca4274e.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Caroline2281
Level 1
Darkan, Australia

One of my favourite moments when guests first see my space is their expression when they explore the bathroom. The bathroom is all white, with a white light (and in this photo there are some subtle pink hints). But when they slide back the door into the toilet/powder room - BOOM! Their face lights up and invariably they exclaim "It's pink!". And indeed it is...

All white bathroom with subtle pink hints.All white bathroom with subtle pink hints.

Powder room walls painted pink.Powder room walls painted pink.

Love this!  Pink always puts a smile on my face :))