Tips to enhance the sleep experience for guests

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Tips to enhance the sleep experience for guests

1070882317551431185_18.jpg

In honour of World Sleep Day tomorrow 😴 I’d like to ask you what you do to ensure maximum comfort to catch those zzz's. Let's take a moment to reflect on the importance of a good night's sleep, for both Hosts and guests alike 💤

A restful sleep can make a huge difference in guests overall experience and leave a lasting positive impression. So, here are a few tips to enhance the sleep experience for your guests:

1. Noise can disrupt sleep patterns. You can offer earplugs or sound machines in your listing to help guests block out any unwanted noises and enjoy a peaceful sleep 🔕

2. Use soothing colors, dimmable lights, and blackout curtains to create a calm and peaceful ambiance in the bedrooms 🛌

3. Consider providing items that promote sleep, such as pillow mists, essential oils, chamomile tea, or even a small library of bedtime books 📚

As a Host do you operate 24 hrs and have a big window for check-ins? If so, how do you manage the arrival of early-morning/late-night guests? How do you ensure a good night's rest when you are a Host?

We'd love to hear all the unique ideas you've implemented to enhance your guests, and also your own sleep experience! 

Share your thoughts below 👇🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

11 Replies 11
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buonasera @Sophia ,

we in Venice provide a double bed with an excellent mattress and excellent pillows in two versions, soft and harder 😉

Furthermore, the room can be darkened thanks to a wooden door and blackout curtains 😀

Andrea

letto-venezia.JPG

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for sharing @Andrea6232! I love that you offer 2 types of pillows 😎 I always have trouble with hard pillows and struggle when there isn't another option 😓

I love the cosy feel of your bedroom! 😍 

-----

@Sophia. A good host should stay at their property in all seasons to know that needs attention for a good sleep.

In addition to your ideas and the assumption that all beds should have quality mattresses for a good night's sleep I'd add:

1. In warm weather ceiling fans that can run 24/7 silently and operate via remotes so you dont have to get out of bed to adjust or turn off the lights

2. Quality flyscreens on all doors and windows to keep out the pests

3. Combination blockout and sheer curtains and blinds or shutters to vary light

Its still amazing to me how the basics are often overlooked by hosts.

Happy hosting everyone.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Frances3408 you make a very good point indeed! 

Thank you so much for your suggestions 😊 I love ceiling fans! It isn't common here in the UK to have them, but in Bangladesh they are very common 👀 In Austrailia do you have them in every property? 

-----

@Sophia. Lots of houses getting them now (global warming) but they were not very commonly found decades ago, except in warmer, humid climates in Northern Australia. Now everyone is installing them as very economical to run, compared to a/c.

Sydney and the East Coast just had its most humid Summer ever with consecutive record warm nights where temperature was not dropping below 24 degrees. Apparently the whole continent is moving north by 7cm a year so eventually we may have a climate like South East Asia.

Andrea2460
Level 9
Hallowell, ME

I addition to the pillow mist (This Works brand) and white noise machine, all of the rooms have a sleep aid by Dodow.  The device casts a light on the ceiling that you emulate with your breathing and helps you fall asleep.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow that's incredible 😮 I never knew such a device existed, thank you for sharing @Andrea2460 

-----

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

Beside offering a comfortable bedding and mattress, if I can , I will wait the guest arrives at my property or I will make sure the guest reads the self check in instruction properly. For earlier check in guests we try to offer the dropped bags during the cleaning timeframe and for the late check in guests, we make sure there are some snacks or instant noodles at late night. For late check out request from the guests , we let our guests know 48 hours before check out time if it is possible. 

Sarah
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah5000 that's really lovely, I bet guests really appreciate your presence when they arrive! Thank you for sharing 😊

-----

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I'm kinda sensitive to a lot of things myself so..

1) Air purifier

2) humidifier

3) PWM-free lights

4) ensuring the duvet is warm enough etc.

5) enforcing the quiet time

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Zheng49 thanks for sharing your recommendations! 😊
Enforcing quiet time is key! 

-----