Update my Listing Design

Answered!
Lala89
Level 3
Houston, TX

Update my Listing Design

Hi everyone. I just started my Airbnb journey pretty much Jan this year - https://www.airbnb.com/h/okto

Houston happens to be a very challenging market and it looks like my design is not catchy enough so I will be spending next week redecorating from a design standpoint. Hopefully it pays off and translates into more quality booking given that the last two guests that I have had, the first one had a party in my listing. The 2nd one pretty much trashed the place and did hookah. Showed up with 10 people to a 1 person booking, smoked weed all over the house and pretty much left rubbish everywhere. 

wish me luck and let me know if you have any ideas for me. 

1 Best Answer
Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Lala89 

I don't know if a redesign is what you need or not, it sounds to me like you have attracted the wrong type of guest. One thing that jumps out at me is you allow 10 people to stay, 12 on the property, 4 cars and you mention twice Perfect for your family or group of friends. My suggestion is 6 guests max, which is what your dining table seats, and don't say group of friends. 12 friends is a party!! Cater to a family stay instead for less hassle. Just my 2 cents.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. In terms of problem guests if you don't have it already install CCTV - in that way you can see if visitors turn up who are not on the booking so that you can ask Airbnb to cancel and go to your listing to make sure those not on the booking leave immediately @Lala89 

2. Design your improvements for your listing with your target guest firmly at the centre of any decisions.

Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Lala89 

I don't know if a redesign is what you need or not, it sounds to me like you have attracted the wrong type of guest. One thing that jumps out at me is you allow 10 people to stay, 12 on the property, 4 cars and you mention twice Perfect for your family or group of friends. My suggestion is 6 guests max, which is what your dining table seats, and don't say group of friends. 12 friends is a party!! Cater to a family stay instead for less hassle. Just my 2 cents.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Lala89 

I think you could improve your listing details and to start with the title it says nothing to me,

I see you have King sized bed in one room, did you know guest cannot search airbnb for a King bed.....? So mention that in the title, dont forget when guest are window shopping on airbnb you need them to take a look at your listing not skip by,

Also change your profile photo to one of yourself, If you look at mine you will see me,

Your Description, 

For your family visiting the East Downtown Houston region,

Luxury Escape is ideal.
Street art at Graffiti Park, soccer at the PNC Stadium, and craft beer at the 8th Wonder Brewery can all be found in the vibrant city center area.

For worldwide cuisine, lively pubs, and live music at the Warehouse Live concert venue, those with a taste for the hip and diverse flock to Saint Emanuel Street.
This luxurious and tranquil getaway is now for reservations!

You've discovered the ideal location if you're a family looking for genuine comfort, elegance, and a rooftop space to unwind!

The Space, 

When you first walk into the house, you'll be welcomed by the open-concept living area on the first level, which features a living room, a large kitchen, and a dining room ideal for entertaining. To the right of the door is a private bathroom. The primary bedroom, the secondary bedroom, and the laundry room are located on the second story. The Gameroom, which leads to the Rooftop Patio, welcomes you as you ascend to the third story. The office and a bedroom with an en suite bathroom are also on the third level. You have the entire house to yourself to relax in before going to bed!

See what you think, 

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

I saw in another post that you already redecorated, will comment in that thread.

Also read in another post that you already seem to have video doorbell/cameras, but that the partying guests tried to cover them up. My own daughter did that once, when she was home alone, hoping we would not notice that there had been an unusual amount of activity in and out of our house…;-) 

How about writing something in your listing text about you (the host) being ”just a few houses down the road, so available on short notice, if needed”? Make it sound like you mean this as a service; ”anything you need, I’m there” - when what you really mean is ”don’t try anything foolish, I can see you!”? 

Mercy62
Level 2
Dallas, TX

I design and set up Airbnbs. There isn’t much I would change. Very nice listing.