What is your preferred towel color?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

What is your preferred towel color?

I am forever going back and fourth between lush white with ability to bleach and darker colors that hide stains but often bleed in wash so have to be washed separately and then look tired.

64 Replies 64

I use multiple colors of towels, pastels.  the guests can distinguish their own towel by the color.  the pastels make the bathroom look beachy and pleasant.

lol so fun to see all the responses to this question. Its the question my wife and I have been musing over all week as we had to purchase all new linen and towels. its a big expense, so you want to make the right decision!

We initially decided on a off-white/cream color for all linen and towels to help hide any stains and extend the usage life, however, we were unable to find the volume of sets we needed until we found a hotel supplier but they only sold white. So white it is for us! Ill come back next year and tell you how it went for us. 🙂

I have been learning from fellow hosts that white is the best choice of sheet color. Looking at bedding from a guest perspective, I would feel comfortable with white bed linens because they will show the overall cleanliness. I have decided to stick with that color. The con is they do get stained easily. However, the fact they are white makes it easy to use the proper cleaning products to help remove stains and revive them.

You can find yourself having to replace the colored ones often since the colors tend to bleed and start looking dull overtime. Hope this helps.

Colleen563
Level 2
Te Awamutu, New Zealand

I prefer white linen . 

Christina1636
Level 2
Lancaster, PA

Hello @Inna22 ! We only use white—it's just our personal preference and goes with the design of our Airbnb. We have an organic modern design approach, and it works well for us.