What kind of flooring works best in your rental?

Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

What kind of flooring works best in your rental?

Greetings Hosts!

I am curious to know if you have wood flooring in your rental, Laminate, Tile or Carpeting.  What works best for you?  Thank you for your reply and your likes!  Eileen

32 Replies 32

We have parquet all over in the rooms and gangway. In the entrance and bathroom we have Stones.

@Holger124  Hello there!  I just learned what parquet flooring is after I pulled up the carpet in one of my rooms!  Smiles,  Eileen

I have parquet all over the apartment, the only exception is the bathroom, I have tiles there.

I got tyles, work best for me because if a guest wants to use a carpet, the same is available 

Jodi454
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hi, We have Hybrid Laminate Flooring throughout. Very hardy & 100% waterproof. Easy to clean & looks good. 

Jack2469
Level 2
Roswell, GA

Eileen,

I do not have wood flooring.  But I do have a variety of flooring.  The unit is two stories.  All bathrooms are tiled.  The kitchen and dining areas are also tile.  The first-floor living room space is carpeted.  The stairs to the second floor and the upstairs bedrooms are all carpeted.  The tile is easy to maintain and the carpet is a tough "berber" type that holds up well to traffic and does not stain easily.

Jack

Gilda118
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Spanish tile all over the house with area rugs in living room and bedroom.

Katie1506
Level 2
London, Canada

We have vinyl tile in both bathrooms, laminate in the kitchen and carpet in the bedrooms and living room.

Linda4254
Level 2
Point Lookout, Australia

I really think it depends on where you are. My area is warm & sandy & I host several houses with different floor types. Colder areas, carpet or carpet mats are probably needed for warmth but bare in mind guests sometimes spill things. I have mainly wood but they do get scratched.  On guest dragged an esky across floor instead of carrying & furniture gets moved so felt legs & feet on beds & all furniture.  Polished concrete or tiles are super tough & easy to clean but some mats are needed for cushioning under foot.

Hope this helps

Kathy1353
Level 2
Savannah, GA

We have hardwoods throughout except ceramic tile in bathrooms.  It was was in the house but vinyl laminate would probably work best.  We didn’t choose the hardwood it was already there 

Jason2107
Level 2
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom

We have laminated floor throughout but considering tiling the bathroom floor 

I find hard floors an much more hygienic than carpet and I have a rug on the centre of the floor 

Jami29
Level 1
Holmen, WI

I avoid carpet whenever possible. I’ve been lucky enough to have decent hardwoods to refinish in a few of my properties. In those cases, I tile the bath and kitchen. If hardwood isn’t present laminate is a good alternative. The I purchase affordable or washable rugs. To make space more comfortable. Those are replaced or cleaned as needed.

I have laminate throughout except in the bathroom where there is ceramic tiles. It looks good and is easy to clean 

Gary1257
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have wood flooring 

Johanna652
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

We covered our wooden floors with laminate throughout the entire house except the kitchen and bathrooms. Those 3 spaces have ceramic tiles. We decided to do this because we get a lot of snow and this helps protect our wooden floors. There are a lot of options out there for laminate floors and they even simulate real wood too.