What kind of flooring works best in your rental?

Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

What kind of flooring works best in your rental?

Greetings Hosts!

I am curious to know if you have wood flooring in your rental, Laminate, Tile or Carpeting.  What works best for you?  Thank you for your reply and your likes!  Eileen

32 Replies 32

@Johanna652  Hello Johanna!  I think if I had to deal with snow I would do the same thing.  I will be having my oak floors made in 1952 refinished in a few months.  Cant wait to see what they will look like.  I have my guest bedroom kitchen and bathrooms will be done in laminate.  Thank you for replying!  Eileen

Greetings @Eileen462 
In the rental I manage in Kissimmee FL, the Owners used tile flooring throughout the house.  It made it super easy for the Maid Services and we even got reviews from the Maid Services that our home is so easy to clean.  Also because it's in FL, it helps with making the home cool during those HOT summer months.

Best, 
Jelean

So my property is in a 4 seasons climate, snow in winter, hot in summer and everything in between. its 6 bedrooms and about 40 years old, lots of original fit out so everything costs money to fix or replace...

what i have is:

parquetry floors in kitchen

carpet in all main living areas and bedrooms

tiles in bathroom

what i would like to have:

-eventually replace carpet in living areas, although the warmth is great. the existing carpet is tough wearing and we get professional carpet cleaning every couple of years, usually prompted by a guest spilling something but there will be a time, we will have to call it quits. got lots of rugs to cover stains and protect what is there atm.

-carpet in bedrooms -im still in 2 minds. had guests spill some major stuff in there as well or vomit (yep) so leaning towards replacing that as well

- parquetry - i love it but its particularly worn in places and showing it. do i spend the money to restore it (big expensive professional job, not like normal hardwood sanding) or replace with luxury vinyl. that is the big question and why i ended up at this forum to start with. i don't restoring it will mean i can charge anything more, i would have to update the whole place and it puts me in a different/harder price bracket.... replacing with luxury vinyl is a much cheaper option than parquetry restoration

love to hear what others think?