Wynd Sentry Smoking Detector - Does it work??

Shane548
Level 2
Washington, DC

Wynd Sentry Smoking Detector - Does it work??

Has anyone used the Wynd Sentry smoking detector? It's supposed to detect cigarette, cigar, and marijuana smoke. I'm interested to know if anybody's actually tried to use it, and if it works.

Equally important, if a detector like this detects smoking, and you have on No Smoking policy with a fine, will Airbnb accept the detector's data and support the host in collecting the fine?

2 Replies 2
Julie1409
Level 3
Lawrence, KS

Hi, one would think so since you do have hard data and it's stated in your house rules "no smoking", BUT if there is a 1% error of margin with these machines, then I think Airbnb will error with the guest.  I have found Airbnb wants to give guests a second chance or maybe a third.  Are you guests not using vaping devices and are actually using the old standard way of smoking? 

Ashlee81
Level 2
Tampa, FL

I have one and can attest it works. It’s picked up vape so far from a guest. I also personally tested it with a single puff of cigar smoke and it picked it up within 5 minutes of the puff. Then again it also picked up a burning paper test as “smoke detected” 

I’ve had to file a claim for a smoker who toked up with weed once and I just sent air bnb supporting evidence of their blunt ends and they paid out my cleaning fee. They wil accept any type of supporting evidence you give them.