"beachfront" is checked as an amenity, but not showing up in search results

Ryan2286
Level 2
Jenkintown, PA

"beachfront" is checked as an amenity, but not showing up in search results

My listing is active, with "beachfront" checked as an amenity....yet it falls off of my search when I click "beachfront" as a filter. Please help.

27 Replies 27
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Welcome to the community, @Ryan2286!

Airbnb’s search algorithm considers more than 100 signals to decide how to order listings in search results.

Take a look at the links below and help you  to find out more Airbnb search works,

How does Airbnb search work?

What factors determine how my listing shows in search results?

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/how-airbnb-search-works-44

Happy Hosting!  

Darlane0
Level 1
Ceará, Brazil

I have the same problem. My listing can't be found with "beachfront" filter checked. I activated pretty much everything for "beachfront" in my listing, but it doesn't help.

Please advise, thank you!

David8480
Level 1
Plainwell, MI

Exact same thing for me. What should I do? Are others who posted here still having this issue or did it just take time like 24hrs or so for it to work?

Liz4767
Level 2
Tenby, United Kingdom

I have the exact same problem.  I have selected "beachfront" from the amenities, I've selected "Sea View" and "Harbour view" as well, however, when I click  beachfront in the search, my property is not there. It only shows 12 properties as "beachfront" so it's not like theres a lot of competition from other hosts. Even a campervan which is a few roads back from me away from the beach comes up as "beachfront".

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Liz4767 

I did some test-searches and it seems the "beachfront" filter does not work well. It even shows listings not having "beachfront" set, and eleminates listing which have "beachfront" set !

On a maximum zoom it shows 3 listing here (including yours) for a week in june:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Pembrokeshire/homes

After selecting "beachfront" it only shows 1 listing (not having "beachfront" set !)

Airbnb should look into this, maybe give them some Airbnb Feedback 

Liz4767
Level 2
Tenby, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 @Thanks for looking into this for me.  I’ll contact them now. 🙏

Liz4767
Level 2
Tenby, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 FYI They looked into it for me and have now escalated it to the developers. Hopefully it will be a quick fix. 

None of the categories that 'fit' me work at all. I post a new conversation about all this a few minutes ago.  Nothing seems to work for a lot of us.  Have spoken to Airbnb multiple times. Sometimes they admit there is aproblem. other times blame me for 'not understanding' despite over 5 years of 'understanding'...it's awful...

@Liz4767  I just finished working with airbnb Chat support on this issue. Come to find out I did not have "Beachfront" selected in my Amenities. It's kind of hidden. Go to Amenities/Location Features/Beach Access.  There you will find an Edit link. Click on it and you will see the "Beachfront" selection available.  The tech warned me it may take an hour or so for the new setting to become active. So a search immediately after making the change may still not work. I just tried mine and it did NOT work.  I will try it periodically tonight and see if it works. Hope this works for you, me, and everyone else who has this issue. 

@Liz4767 Thank you - that was really helpful. I've just changed mine as well, so fingers crossed it works soon.

I spent some time with AirBNB support also when we first listed our new lakefront property.  Its important to come up on guest who's searching specifically for lakefront property.  They finally fixed it by adding the search amenity called waterfront.  That was 4 weeks ago, now its gone again.  Is anyone else seeing this?  I made sure I cleared my browsing history and my cookies first.

Brandon655
Level 2
Alabama, United States

I have repeatedly checked to make sure the beachfront amenity is checked.  It has been and still is now but when I filter for beachfront, my condo disappears from the list.  I'm sure this is reducing the number of booking requests we are getting.

Hi. I have the same issue and I checked many times to see that everything is listed ok under Amenities. It is listed as “Beachfront” and yet it disappears when filtered after beach or beachfront…

I really don’t know what to do. 

Erik1652
Level 1
Austin, TX

Same issue there… below is the airbnb response I received tonight.  I would submit the issue to them as well to help drive quicker resolution.

Thanks for your patience, Erik. I have confirmed it is an ongoing issue related to the filter.
Thanks for alerting us to the issue. We've passed the details on to our engineers, who are now working to find the issue's source and fix it.
I'm going to message you once I have an update from the engineers.