"beachfront" is checked as an amenity, but not showing up in search results

Ryan2286
Level 2
Jenkintown, PA

"beachfront" is checked as an amenity, but not showing up in search results

My listing is active, with "beachfront" checked as an amenity....yet it falls off of my search when I click "beachfront" as a filter. Please help.

27 Replies 27
Tim3075
Level 2
Royal Oak, MI

I'm having the same issue.  The need to find a fix asap.  

David-And-Haley0
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

Same issue here, following.

Joni42
Level 2
Fernandina Beach, FL

Same issue here.

Olivia729
Level 1
Elwood, Australia

Same issue here 

Andreas890
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Same issue here, my condo not showing up in searches when beachfront filter is on. This is probably the most important feature for my condo so kind of annoying. Even apartments that are not beachfront are showing up in searches with this filter on... 

Isn't it annoying?! I contacted Airbnb immediately but still haven't heard back. Other places in my area that I don't even consider walking distance to the beach are showing as waterfront. I wish Airbnb had a way of monitoring that too. It's misleading for guests! 

Brian2413
Level 1
Wasilla, AK

Same issue

Breathebnb0
Level 2
Prince Edward, Canada

Waterfront amenity is turning off for all hosts. We have tried speaking with Airbnb for over a year about this but they deflect the reason every time to not have to share liability I'm sure. Once you turn the waterfront amenity back on, it takes hours if not days for the listing to show up again using the Waterfront filter. For some reason, it is taking an insane amount of time to fix this issue, while hosts and Airbnb and losing bookings by not being able to be found in search. 

still same issue here

Jennifer697
Level 2
Newport Beach, CA

we have the same problem

I reported this same issue to Airbnb in 2022.  I was told then, it was escalated to their developers.  It is disappointing that we have the same problem still, in 2024.  Hosts are losing bookings and Guests are missing out on finding our beachfront properties when they use the Beachfront filter.  Airbnb developers:  if you are monitoring this thread, may I suggest that you just remove this filter, until it can be used properly?

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrating! If by chance you find a solution and remember to respond in this thread that would be great. I’ll do the same…

Karen4131
Level 10
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Ryan2286 

Wow, what an amazing place on Earth. I can understand how frustrating it must be not to show up in an Airbnb search in your area.

Your listing appears under the "Beachfront" category when selected from the top menu, and it's also visible when I apply the "Beachfront" amenity filter while focused on your specific location without setting any dates.

Please see the screenshot.Beachfront.jpg

However, when I search for properties in South Carolina without specifying dates, using both the category and filter for "Beachfront," your listing does not appear. This seems to be an issue related to ranking. Airbnb has prioritized 300 other listings that are deemed more likely to be rented out than yours. And then it doesn't show the rest of the properties at that location! The competition for Beachfront properties in your area is very intense. You may need to consider strategies to improve your Airbnb SEO in order to stand out. See this link about the topic (It is old but still relevant): https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Why-can-t-I-see-my-listing-in-the-Search-...

See this ling about SEO: https://www.airbnb.dk/resources/hosting-experiences/a/seo-tips-for-ranking-higher-in-search-512

I hope this helps to give you an idea of what's happening, and that you find a way to distinguish yourself from your competitors. The place deserves it 🙂