retalitory reviews

Des2285
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

retalitory reviews

air bnb says they remove a retalitory review, they remove it, yes BUT the score still stands.  and your account is still suspended, how is that helpful. a recent guest had more people than booked. listing clearly says you MUST PAY for addtional people. notified abb 3x. sent money request. guest said they would pay, each time they were called by abb. they never paid and checked out. upon checking out, they gave all 1's as they were upset that we called them out on additional guests and asked for money.

12 Replies 12
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Des2285 

Do you do self check in? 

Yes, they use a door code

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Des2285 The review from David is still on your property. As such the star ratings are still affected. Do let us know what happens when/if you get the review removed.

hello they said even if they remove review, his score of 1 will still stand and be factored in.

@Des2285 I wouldn't believe anything Customer Support tell you. At least 50% of it will be wrong. If you get the review removed do let us know what happens to the rating.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Des2285 

I am confused. If we are talking about the review from David, it's not a bad review at all. So, did he leave you a nice review and then 1* across the board?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Des2285 

I have also heard this nonsense from CS sometimes. It simply depends on which agent you speak to, not the actual policy. So, I have had two reviews removed in the past (one CS removed many years ago) and one last year that the guest asked them to remove because she misunderstood how the rating system worked. In both cases, they removed the star ratings too. Otherwise, what is the point?

Still, I have had reps tell me, or seen other hosts post similar here, that the ratings remain. I think a lot of CS reps have no idea what they are talking about and I still maintain that they are yet to receive the 'memo' that there has been a change to the review policy in terms of retaliatory reviews.

Hi it has been removed. I will check to see if it's affecting my score. Thanks 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Des2285 ,

Is there any update regarding this once you connected with customer support? Would like to know more, about whether this situation has been resolved for you. 

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello. They finally removed it after 5 phone calls. At first I was told no. 

Hello. Reviews removed. Not sure if score is updated. 

Des2285
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

He left a bad review and all 1's. Cust Serv has finally removed it after 5 phone calls.