100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb
Official Account

100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb2021_Release_YT _Thumbnail_1280x720_2x.png

We believe that the biggest travel rebound in a century is coming, and we want to help you get ready for it! We’ve introduced more than 100 changes to the app, website, and Community Support to help you take advantage of this unique opportunity—and manage your day-to-day tasks more easily. 

Here are some of the most important changes:

• A more intuitive and consistent experience across the app and website
  • A new homepage for Hosts called the Today tab 
  • A faster, searchable inbox featuring new time-saving tools and features 
  • An up-leveled Community Support team, as well as Dedicated Superhost Support 
  • Automated Arrival Guides for guests 

You can read more details about what’s new here.

Have you already noticed changes in your tools? Which improvements are you most looking forward to?

Posted on Monday 24th May 2021

169 Replies 169

@Stone43  The first words of your profile are "I am a kind person". 

This obscene rant directed against another host who was simply offering suggestions, certainly belies your self-assessment.

Helen18
Level 2
Birkenhead, United Kingdom

I know what you trying to say.Ive noticed that airbnb want you to have pets to come with guests too or a whole family when you only can accomodate 2 guests .It us that are hosting ,

Airbnb is making so many changes that its making most imposible to host .At the beginning it was just host and stick by the rules .Now its do this and you will become a super host.I really do not care superhost or not there dshould not be pressure and so many changes all the time .

@Lezlee0  , that's a lot of anger for things that we actually agree on!

Did you read what I wrote?  I think we agree on most things, except perhaps the tone that is acceptable in this community.

New hosts are boosted and given visibility.  Everyone has experienced this surely when they set up a listing.  New hosts can elect to have a 20% promotion for the first 3 guests, this really works I've experienced it 6 times.  So yes new hosts are highlighted.

I'm just trying to say that not everyone wants to stay in a tree house or houseboat.  It would be nice for that button that now scrolls at the top to have other features not just targeting the weird and "wow" clickbait photos of beds in bubbles in the woods and other uncomfortable (in my opinion) lodging situations.

About the smoking we totally agree:  almost nobody wants guests to smoke. 

What are you angry about?  We agree!  I'm not accepting smokers!  I think it's misleading and unfair for airbnb to set these parameters to "accepted" when someone new is setting up a listing.  The whole website is overwhelming how can a new host know how to go in and adjust all the unfavorable parameters to something that fits their hosting.  From flexible check in to accepting pets and kids to no damage deposit to minimum and maximum stays, new hosts will be confronted with guests who expect things that they did not intend to provide.

I just set up a new listing and I can confirm:

A multitude of settings are set up to guest favor, now I have my checklist to change it all before turning on instant book.  But new hosts don't know this and it's not fair and misleading and will make for conflicts between hosts and guests.

sorry @Lezlee0 I wanted to tag stone43 of course.  The tolerant person who thinks we should all respect each other.  According to his listing profile. Now i can't change my post, oh well, you understood what I meant, thanks!

@Susan1188  Amazing how self-deluded some people can be, eh?

I've read a few pretty strange profiles. One guy claimed to be  the smartest person you'll ever meet.

Sharyn5
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Was he named Trump?

Where is all the anger coming from? geez.
@Stone43 

"My partner Alex & I believe in treating people with Great Respect & our guest do the same."

David6766
Level 3
Volcán, Panama

"This includes more than doubling the number of Support Ambassadors since this time last year, prioritizing empathy across our Help Center communications, and making our policies more transparent and consistent. We’re also working to offer Dedicated Superhost Support, starting in North America on September 30, 2021, and rolling out globally throughout 2021."

You've put some more people in the call center and told them to be nice ("prioritize empathy")--which is probably a good idea, but is all this nyada-nyada really necessary? 

@David6766 Right, do we need twice as many people answering our calls with nonsense answers and misinformation? No. Get them familiar with Airbnb policy, and have them apply the policies correctly and fairly!

And please, no more "I hear you, don't worry I understand completely, I am also a host" 🤢 If that's what they mean by prioritze empathy, no. Just No. 

Colleen253: Thank you solving problems is the best ! Airbnb Needs to help Hosts and NOT blow them off with a Bad GUEST ! and hold them accountable for there actions as they hold the HOST . All need to be on the same playing level 

Ha ha, so true. I wonder how much the people who brainstorm and then write such hyperbolic prose earn: They are definitely earning their pay! Even just "Support Ambassadors." Eeesh.

Yes! way too much yada yada! I've literally told reps to just move forward - I don't need all your consoling - just get it fixed!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I have used (or tried to use) the Flexible search option as a guest when booking my last stay. It did not work for me because it is not actually flexible. Flexible means I can travel whenever and not just on a Friday - Sunday.

Currently, "I'm Flexible" means only listings available with a check-in on Friday and a check-out on Sunday will populate in the search results. Doesn't sound too flexible to me.  

Flexible means , they will cancel on you to and well then you lost a customer because the customer cancels at last min. and if someone came alone looking for a place could book because your place is booked you lose business. so be very careful on this  FLEXIBLE part . I don't do that because i was burned a few times. FLEXIABLE sucks i think !!!  CAREFUL in what you ask for !

@Stone43 No, I am talking about Flexible Search which means the Airbnb search results will populate with "flexible" options instead of fixed dates.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 3.56.22 PM.png