Feedback session: Upgrading conversations in the Community Center

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Feedback session: Upgrading conversations in the Community Center

Hi everyone, recently a fellow Host on the Community shared some feedback about the way responses are stacked (Thank you @Mike-And-Jane0). We want to follow up on this discussion and therefore, we thought it would be great to hear more feedback on this particular functionality.

Our goal in this session is to understand your experience with this particular functionality, listen to your feedback and share recommendations with the engineering team so we can upgrade the look and feel of conversations in the Community Center. 

Please note that this feedback session is not a commitment to implement the ideas shared in the session. 

Join us on Zoom for a feedback session to tell us your feedback about the threaded replies of the Community Center.

Time and date

Thursday, 10 August, 2023, 8AM PDT (UTC -7) (San Francisco, USA) 

Thursday, 10 August, 2023, 10AM CDT (UTC -5) (Pensacola/Kansas City, USA)

Thursday, 10 August, 2023, 11AM EDT (UTC -4) (New York/Toronto, USA/CA) 

Thursday, 10 August, 2023, 4PM BST (UTC +1), (London, UK) 

[This event has now ended]  👈

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide 👈

It would be great to hear how we can make the Community Center more user-friendly for everyone. Alternatively, if you are unable to join our session, you can share your insights with us below, and we’ll see if we can make it happen!

Thank you for your time, 

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Quincy ,

Can you please explain more about, "the way responses are stacked"?

Maybe include some screenshots. 

Thank you

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Dave-and-Deb0! There was a topic about it here which should showcase the experiences from other members. One of our Community Manager also shared an option you could use to make reading the CC easier on that post—you'll see it as the "Best answer" on that topic. 

-----

K

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Quincy 

Hi Quincy, unfortunately 1.00 am is not a user friendly Zoom time for me Quincy so I am afraid I will be an absentee.

But if it is what you are after, I agree threads are quite disjointed now, conversations don't logically follow any more. Our only options are 'sort by oldest' or 'sort by newest'.

First and foremost responses should relate to the thread opener and subsequent responses that relate to the thread topic should automatically attach themselves ahead of responses relating to something else, rather than being inserted on a time received basis. Presently a topic line will be interrupted at any point by something entirely unrelated in content solely because of the time it was posted.

This just makes the thread hard to follow and we loose the 'question and answer' format we have previously enjoyed!

I hope you have a productive meeting Quincy.

Cheers.......Rob

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Robin4, no worries at all! I appreciate that you took some time to share your feedback on this post instead 🙂

-----