Inside look: Superhost appreciation party

Airbnb
Official Account

Inside look: Superhost appreciation party

Superhost 1.jpg

Caption: Airbnb co-founders Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia, and Nathan Blecharczyk attended the party to congratulate the 12 Superhosts and their guests in person.

Achieving Superhost status is an incredible achievement, one that represents standout hospitality, responsiveness, and attention to detail. Meeting that high bar is a huge win. Continuing to meet that high bar is even more impressive.

In fact, fewer than 4,000 people have maintained consecutive Superhost status since the program was introduced five years ago. That’s some 60 months of zero cancellations and five-star reviews. At Airbnb, we decided that merited a party.

In March, we invited 12 of the most tenured Superhosts to Airbnb headquarters in San Francisco, California, to celebrate their hosting success. A sign greeted them at the event: “You’ve hosted the world. Now it’s time for us to host you.” That says it all!

Take a look at some photos of the party, below, and stay tuned—this event was so much fun, we plan to host more Superhost celebrations in the future. In the meantime, thank you to all of you who are Superhosts.

Superhost 2.jpgCaption: Airbnb employee Johanna Desbordes welcomes Superhosts and their guests to Airbnb headquarters in San Francisco.

Johanna gave out Superhost pins and nametags and led the group on a tour of Airbnb headquarters, which includes meeting and conference rooms modeled after actual listings. Johanna was the perfect person to act as tour guide: She and her husband, Gian, are Superhosts themselves, and they first met when Joh was a guest at Gian’s home in Italy 7 years ago.

Superhost 3.jpg

Caption: Superhost Kitty stands outside her home away from home.

Does this look familiar?
Superhost Kitty and her husband joined hands above a replica of their Airbnb listing, a “mushroom dome” cabin in California, on the fourth floor of Airbnb’s San Francisco headquarters.

Superhost 4.png

Caption: Co-founder & CPO Joe Gebbia; Co-founder, CEO, and Head of Community Brian Chesky; Superhost Mary Sledd; and Co-founder, CSO, and Chairman of Airbnb China Nathan Blecharczyk.

All three of Airbnb’s co-founders joined the event to congratulate and thank the Superhosts.

Superhost 5.jpg

Caption: A Superhost with her customized guest book.

The Superhosts received personalized guest books as a gift and thank you.

Superhost 6.jpg

Caption: Superhost Janna (left), receives her customized guest book from Airbnb’s Laura Chambers, who leads the team that looks after homes hosts and Superhosts.

Superhost 7.jpg

Caption: Superhost Ash shows his personalized guest book to Airbnb’s Joe Gebbia and other guests.

101 Replies 101
Nancy865
Level 2
Bisbee, AZ

Awesome achievement! I am hoping to join the club!!

Nancy865
Level 2
Bisbee, AZ

Awesome achievement! Hopefully, I will join the club one day!

Eila1
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

That’s such a great idea. It always feels good when someone says Thank You! Guest books, a nice touch. 

Wow! That looks like it was great fun and a real honor. John and I have been Superhosts since September 2014. I guess we just missed the cut but the real benefit of being a superhost are the guests we get to enjoy time after time after time. This weekend we’re expexting a proposal of marriage in our carriage house. Gina has hired a private chef to come in and prepare their celebratory meal. We’re very excited for them and look forward to toasting them and their new life. While in the house we have a gay couple from Berlin coming to celebrate their son’s graduation. We get to share these beautiful moments in people’s lives. Life is rich. 

Sulakshana0
Level 2
New York, NY

I have been a Superhost since the beginning of the program. Why was I not invited? 😞

Candelaria8
Level 1
Chefchaouen, Morocco

Really nice. Come to Chaouen.  You are so welcome to stay in our house. 

Kim-and-Dave0
Level 2
North Vancouver, Canada

I love the idea that you rewarded these superhosts for their hard work. Thankyou for doing that. I love being part of this incredible organization that is constantly moving forwards & upwards! 

If you ever host an event in Vancouver BC Canada please let me know as I would love to volunteer my 9 bed airbnb home /suite.  

Also I would love to order one of those books if possible. 

Hugs from Canada eh

Kim

Jamie307
Level 2
Penang, Malaysia

Any celebration or event for Superhost in Malaysia? 

George569
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Wow so nice to see and my goal to get there ,thanks guys and girls for the insperation 

best regards from your future "Superhost" George all the way from South Africa

Jeremy89
Level 2
Little Rock, AR

I like the customized guests books. Nice touch to celebrate the event.

Penny47
Level 4
Sydney, Australia

Wow! That’s awesome. I would love a customized guestbook. 

Dean134
Level 2
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda

I like the idea of a personalised guest book.  I wish I had get all the notes I have received from guests.  I think I will start now.  Dean, Bermuda

Viv26
Level 2
Hertford, United Kingdom

Realy great to see this.  Giving back - love it.  And would love to know/hear about any events in the UK too.  : )   Viv

Vance8
Level 2
Fayetteville, AR

Way to go celebrating Superhosts.  It takes a lot of work, and the people that achieved this distinction in the beginning and maintained it for over 5 years have really accomplished a feat.  Looking through all of the pictures, I can tell the Superhosts from the Airbnb employees/founders because the superhosts put on appropriate clothes for a celebration.  The superhosts wore nice clothes to honor the people they were visiting. The Airbnb team in general had on jeans, untucked shirts, baseball hats, hoodies, etc., which either comes across as cool or lazy depending on the generation from which a person comes.  I believe not only in dressing nicely for myself, but to honor the people that I meet each day.  It is a form of respect.  I'm not advocating a coat/tie and dresses for everyone, but looking neat and put together is better than looking like a person that is going to Netflix binge on a new series all weekend.  These superhosts were the first people really helping to launch Airbnb and to make Airbnb money.  It is great that their efforts were celebrated.

Vivienne10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Airbnb for providing such a good platform for my bed and  breakfast business. It takes all the areas of difficult admin away from me, I'm very grateful ! 

Thank you also for my beautiful hard working dog bowl that you sent for Christmas  it has stood the time test , and continues to shine brightly ! 

You promised me a carbon monoxide detector a few moths ago  ? I have not received it yet.

I hear the radio adverts for Airbnb hosts , and wonder why you mention London only  and not the rest of the Uk ?

I have been a Superhost since 2014 , still busy and happy.