[Meetup] Community Center Cooking together: July 15th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] Community Center Cooking together: July 15th

Cooking meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

I hope you have had a good week. For those of you unaware I was away from the Community Center for a few days last week, so I hope you are all keeping well and I can't wait to catch-up with you . 

Our next community social will be on Wednesday July 15th, 12pm (UK time). 

*Timezones:

Wednesday July 15th, 6AM (Kansas City)

Wednesday July 15th, 7AM (New York / Toronto)

Wednesday July 15th, 1PM (Spain)

Wednesday July 15th, 8PM (Seoul)

Wednesday July 15th, 8:30PM( Darwin)

Wednesday July 15th, 9PM (Melbourne) 

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEudeGqqTkvG9w27w8jmdOOAnncG_g9v1RA

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

In the last meetup, we agreed we will take the plunge and try doing our first cooking together meetup. Clara has kindly agreed to be our host and guide us through a deliciously sounding recipe for 'CC Egg & Veggie Breakfast and CC Sweet Cheese & Jam Delight'  which sounds perfect for our first community cooking experience. 🙂 

So for those of you who want to join in, here are the ingredients we need:

• Tortilla’s/ wraps – store purchased – I like white flour best –most versatile  
  • Oil for cooking – any light oil-  grape seed/butter/coconut/walnut 
  • 2-4 Eggs  
  • Veggies of choice – small amt. onion/garlic/kale/spinach/mushrooms/any veggies 
  • Salt/pepper - herbs/spices as you like for eggs 
  • Cheese – grated/sliced/any kind works 
  • Spread –savoury– tomato paste/pesto/cheese spread/any to use with eggs 
  • Spread/jam/jelly/chutney 

More details can be found, here

It would be great to hear who will be taking part ahead of time, so please do share below if you can. For those of you who can't make it to the kitchen, please do join us as our support/cheerleading team (and watch us eat our delicious masterpieces!). 🙂

I'm very excited to take part and a huge thank you ahead of time to you Clara for hosting. 

Let me know if you have any questions (I hope the timing works for everyone). 

Thanks,

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

36 Replies 36
Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey, it was lovely! I was impressed by @Clara116 mastery. Well done! Nigella is  now in trouble...

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200715071834266_COVER.jpg

@Lizzie @Francesca @Alexandra316 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Ann72 @Marissa107

@Ann72 @Roberta2 @Lawrene0 

Hey guys I had a fun time with you all this morning. I made another egg delight and took a pic...for some reason I can only post half the pic? Too big?? Anyway thanks, it was fun. Stay well and happy. Peace all, Clara

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Clara116So here's mine, which I'm eating right now and it's absolutely delicious.

I made it with a fresh wheat flour tortilla that I made myself (because I thought I had store bought but didn't... oh well!). My filling was two eggs, ajvar (roasted red pepper spread), a roasted vegetable medley of onions, sweet peppers and tomatoes that I made while I waiting for the tortilla dough to rise, and mozzarella, romano and parmesan cheese (sparingly). Fittingly, the vegetables were all left by my last guest. 

10/10! Would make again! I want to try making the jammy, sweet version next time. I have three more tortillas to fill. 

Airbnb Cooking.jpg

@Alexandra316  that looks delicious...so glad u got to prepare and make it. I didn't tell you David found the ajvar spread  and he really liked it alot. How cool your stuff was left behind..... somehow that makes it better.:) Till next time, peace

@Clara116Glad to hear he liked it! Thanks again for hosting: it was really fun, and you did a great job with it. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I can't believe I missed this one 😞 

@Clara116 @Marissa107 @Lawrene0  @Ann72@Roberta2,  @Alexandra316 @Francesca 

@Lizzie can verify how exciting I was for it, but unfortunately there were different tasks that need completion and clashed with the meet-up. 

Good thing is I have the recipe @Clara116 so can replicate during the weekend! 🙂 Waiting for the next one and hopefully I'll be able to see you all then! 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Nick I couldn't believe you missed it Nick. Maybe when we have the next cook along - it was fun and tasty for sure. Peace, Clara