New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby

comparablelistings.png

For the first time on Airbnb, you can compare your listing to similar listings nearby. A new map gives you instant access to the average prices of listings like yours. It lets you display either booked or unbooked listings for the dates you select. You can use it any time you’re setting or updating your price.

This new pricing tool is among the 25 upgrades for Hosts in the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release. Get Early Access to start using them today. Once you opt in, you won’t be able to go back to the current version. Learn more on the Resource Center.

Have you tried comparing similar listings? Share your experience in the comments below.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

37 Replies 37

Me too, same issue.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jasmine473 ,

Thanks for letting us know that you are finding the issue in using this feature. Can you please confirm if you have opted-in for the early access?

If so, would you mind sharing your device model and the firmware version you are using?

This way, I will be able to share it further with the team.

-----

Yes, I have access to every other feature but that one - wondered if maybe it wasn’t available in Canada. I have an iPhone 14 Pro (iOS 16.0).

My pricing looks the same as OP’s screenshot.

Hi Jasmine, 

Were you able to access the feature?

I used it few days ago, but can't find it anymore. Do we have any technical issues in Canada?

Thank you.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Iurie4 ,

Are there any updates since you posted? 

If you are still facing an issue, would you mind sharing your device model, OS version and app version?

Also, are you using PMS software to manage your listings?

-----

Hi Bhumika,

The problem is solved.
It is an “Early access” for the app in Canada and after few days the feature disappears, but you can use it in a browser.

Thank you.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Iurie4,

I'm glad to hear that the problem was solved! 😊 I'm tagging @Bhumika here so she gets the update too.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Oliver255
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

While this new feature is quite interesting, it has replaced the previous recommended price tip functionality. I found this very useful to set a price that would get a booking. Having opted in to the early access I really miss these feature. 

Ys, the pricing tool is interesting but in terms of setting an accurate price that will get you a booking, it's really not good.  I'd much prefer the price tip back. Or why not have both!

Also, as others have noted the price comparison doesn't compare with like to like properties (e.g. same number of bedrooms). So the range it offers is very broad.

So in conclusion please bring back the price tips functionality and offer the options of viewing both similar listings in the area to compare or identical/very similar listings. 

Really like this feature! It's a good update 🙂

Hi Stephanie,

I was so excited to opt in to this Early Access in order to do the comparison of similar listings. However, I don't see any of the talked about features on the calendar! Zero, zilch. I've reached out to Airbnb Support regarding this issue yesterday and still haven't heard back from them. I've been revisiting the calendar over and over today without any success. I am using Macbook Air. I tried different browsers from Brave to Chrome, still nothing. I was able to access the other features, such as checklist of check out instructions. What could be wrong?

Thanks

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @ThuHang0 , Can you share a few screenshots with me of how your calendar looks like currently despite enrolling for early access?

I might be able to reach out to the technical team in this regards, once I have a screenshot.

-----

Hi Bhumika,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Here are the screenshots:

One is just the calendar.

The other shows the old pricing features, not the new ones as described in Early Access.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,

Thu-Hang

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.39.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-07 at 5.39.23 PM.png

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @ThuHang0 , Thank you for sharing the images. I am passing it on for technical team to have a good look and advise further.

I will make sure to keep you posted in case I hear back or have an update to share.

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @ThuHang0 , I was wondering if you are still facing this issue, because I had it checked and got to know that it is accessible through your profile.

After getting into the Calendar, you will need to click on either of the listings that you wish to use the comparison tool for.

Once you open the Calendar for a specific listing, and select the dates you want to compare, you will find the Compare listings button

Bhumika_0-1686667981848.png

Please feel free to let me know if you are still facing any issues.

-----

Hi Bhumika,

Yes, I was able finally to go in to the calendar and access the new tool. I think I know what happened:

I didn't see an step-by-step instructions on how to access this feature as follows:

-I didn't know I was supposed to go into the calendar by first choosing from the drop-down box the month I wanted to look at. I was still going by the old way of viewing the calendar as displayed across the screen in a continuous fashion.

-From there I then the particular listing and then a date off the calendar.

The feature is pretty cool now that I can access it!

However, there should be clearer instructions for Hosts on this feature.

Thank you very much,

Thu-Hang