2 bedrooms but only getting paid for one.

Answered!

2 bedrooms but only getting paid for one.

Hi, Im new to hosting May 2024. I have two bedrooms with two queen beds.l each with private bathrooms. The first two weeks I only listed one bedroom as being available. However now I want to make the second bedroom available. Someone has booked my home for the price I was charging for one bedroom but will be utilizing both bedrooms and both full bathrooms. How can I charge more for the second bedroom for future listings and without creating a second separate listing. It will be two adults each in their own room. I found an old thread that a guest  posted back in 2017 about needing separate rooms in NYC for him and his friend. Has this been solved or does anyone know the best way. How many guest should I say my place can hold ect. Thanks

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@L127 You need 3 listings 

Listing 1 - Bedroom A

Listing 2 - Bedroom B

Listing 3 - Bedrooms A & B

Then link the calendars of L1 to L3 and L2 to L3

If you don't want unrelated groups in both bedrooms then only create Listing 1 and Listing 3

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @L127,

In the same listing, it's not possible to charge per room, but it is possible to charge per guest.

If you list it as two bedrooms, then two people can use both rooms. You can set a base price for two guests and charge more for any additional guests, so four guests will pay more than two guests, but they will still use both rooms in both cases.

consider exploring the demand for your property. Another option to consider is setting a price for four people (two rooms) and not worrying about it anymore. Two people or four people pay the same. But this way, you might miss some reservations.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. In my listing under "how many guest will fit comfortably in my space" If I list it as one bedroom for two people then how will I ever come up in the search results showing I have availability for 4 or 5 people. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@L127 You need 3 listings 

Listing 1 - Bedroom A

Listing 2 - Bedroom B

Listing 3 - Bedrooms A & B

Then link the calendars of L1 to L3 and L2 to L3

If you don't want unrelated groups in both bedrooms then only create Listing 1 and Listing 3

Thank you this solves it. Setting up listings 1 & 3. This will allow my listing to show up for a 2 person search but also a 5 person search. And linking calendars is a new concept for me, but I'm excited to know the tool exist and now will be utilizing it. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@L127 also go to your account and switch on pro tools. This gives you the multi calendar which makes managing 3 listings easier