3 Best Tips for a beginner

Answered!
Gift22
Level 3
Livingstone, Zambia

3 Best Tips for a beginner

H there!

I'm a beginner at Airbnb. I just finished setting up my listing. So, I need at least 2 experienced hosts to review my listing and give me your best 3 tips in general to improve it.

Here is my link:  

airbnb.com/h/garden-studio-apartment

Thank you in advance.

1 Best Answer

1. High-Quality Photos: Ensure that your listing has clear, well-lit, and visually appealing photos of your space. Showcase the best features of your garden studio apartment to attract potential guests.

2. Detailed Description: Write a comprehensive and engaging description of your listing. Highlight the unique aspects, amenities, and any special offerings that make your space desirable. Be clear about the accommodations and provide information about nearby attractions, transportation options, and any house rules.

3. Competitive Pricing and Availability: Research similar listings in your area to determine competitive pricing. Consider offering flexible booking options, such as varying minimum stay requirements or discounted rates for longer stays, to appeal to a wider range of guests. Keep your availability calendar up-to-date to avoid confusion and provide accurate booking options.

Remember, it's also valuable to seek feedback from experienced hosts within the Airbnb community. Engage in host forums, attend local host meetups, or join host groups on social media platforms to connect with other hosts who can provide personalized tips based on their experiences.

Best of luck with your Airbnb journey!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

1. High-Quality Photos: Ensure that your listing has clear, well-lit, and visually appealing photos of your space. Showcase the best features of your garden studio apartment to attract potential guests.

2. Detailed Description: Write a comprehensive and engaging description of your listing. Highlight the unique aspects, amenities, and any special offerings that make your space desirable. Be clear about the accommodations and provide information about nearby attractions, transportation options, and any house rules.

3. Competitive Pricing and Availability: Research similar listings in your area to determine competitive pricing. Consider offering flexible booking options, such as varying minimum stay requirements or discounted rates for longer stays, to appeal to a wider range of guests. Keep your availability calendar up-to-date to avoid confusion and provide accurate booking options.

Remember, it's also valuable to seek feedback from experienced hosts within the Airbnb community. Engage in host forums, attend local host meetups, or join host groups on social media platforms to connect with other hosts who can provide personalized tips based on their experiences.

Best of luck with your Airbnb journey!

Hi @Aaron1070 !

Thanks for all your tips. I'm right away working on implementing them.

But I just have 1 question about high-quality photos. First, you are right that my photos aren't great. I see this point now especially after I looked at other hosts' listings. I sure need to have great photos.

Just a by-the-way question... How do I keep high-quality photos real? They are great, but I think that they give a false impression. I want guests to see exactly what is available with its quality e.g. that the yard is rustic with sand driveways and paths. How do I balance the idea of having a great photo and the idea of proving a real image of what a guest would find in reality when they come? 

Gifty5
Level 9
Chicago, IL

@Gift22 the room is dark, White linen brightens rooms, if you want to change that. Am not sure why you have cooked food pictures, the ones in the Garden are ok. Do you serve food for your guests? You listed 1 bedroom, 1 guest, 1 bath. How many people does the bed sleep? Get a professional photographer to take good pictures. Hope this helps!

Gift22
Level 3
Livingstone, Zambia

Thanks for the feedback @Gifty5 . I'm going to use your tips right away. 

Let me also answer your questions for clarity:

#1) The bed is king-size. It can have 2 adults and 1 child on it. Yet, I wrote 1 guest because I wasn't thinking of different guests sharing 1  bed. That doesn't happen, does it? Or is the # of guests based on the # of people who a guest can bring on a single payment? For example, a couple would count as 2 guests. A couple with a child as 3 guests. Kindly explain!

#2) I put a photo of cooked food to show a sample of local food a guest can eat from my garden if he/she wanted to taste local food. I used also fruit photos to show the types of fruit one can eat while staying at my place if they are in season. I thought that the caption would explain. But clearly, it hasn't. So, I will delete them. Thank you for noticing that.