3 night weekend discounts....?

Trevor350
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

3 night weekend discounts....?

Looking for help please......

I have weekends set at minimum stays of two nights (Friday and Saturday nights at fixed prices).......how can can I offer a third night add on option (Sunday night) at a 10% discount ??

I can't seem to find the tool for this desirable option..........

Thanks in advance.......John

3 Replies 3
Michael5689
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

Unfortunately it doesn't exist, BUT...you can kind of make it work like that manually.  In some cases I set the condition that I only allow a 2 night stay starting on Friday.  In these cases I make the price of the Friday night artificially high, then for Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday I drop the cost of those nights lower than I normally would but make them require 3 night stays.  You'll have to work out the math in your case, but you can probably get the same effect 10% discount if they add the Sunday night or Thursday night.  The way the minimum number of nights stay condition works is it only applies if the reservations STARTS on that particular day.  If you have Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday night set as a 3 day minimum and only Friday set as a 2 day minimum for example then a guest will only be able to book a 2 night stay if it starts on Friday.  Be forewarned the AirBNB algorithm on minimum night has been a bit buggy in the past so I can't guarantee that behavior will always be true.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Trevor350 

Use rulesets.

Ruleset for a friday sets min. stay to 2 nights, max. stay to 3 nights. Apply a discount for a 3 nights stay.

Ruleset for saturday limits to 2 night stay (or if already default limit in the listing: no action needed)

If you ONLY rent weekends, then limit check-in days to friday and saturday and check-out days to sundays and mondays. Set max. stay to 3 nights and apply discount for 3 nights stay.  Then you can apply the ruleset to a long time period (instead of applying to each weekend)

@Emiel1 that solution (min/max) will prevent lucrative 1 -2 weeks stays

Second paragraph will work, though I can't imagine people "only" renting weekends, but everyone is different of course