Ability to Require Check Out Day of Week

Answered!
Laura5809
Level 1
Memphis, TN

Ability to Require Check Out Day of Week

I wish Airbnb would allow hosts to set both required check in and check out days, instead of just check in days, like VRBO already does. This would allow for standard Saturday to Saturday bookings without allowing an 8-night Saturday to Sunday booking, for example, to ruin the whole desired Saturday to Saturday calendar (because all a host can require is a 7-night minimum and a Saturday check in, and this booking would meet both of those requirements). Airbnb currently doesn't have any way for a host to set a Saturday to Saturday requirement (or any requirement that designates a required check IN day of the week and check OUT day of the week), and it's very frustrating.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Laura5809 You say you have pro tools enabled.

Go into your calendar and highlight a range of dates. When they are highlighted the right hand side of the screen will pop out and there is an option to add a ruleset. Click on that and a whole world of opportunity awaits you.

You will need to extend the ruleset to before you really want it to apply I am afraid.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura5809 

This feature does already excists, but first you need to activate "Professional Tools" in your account.

Then option to limit check-out days will be added, also possible to set this in rule sets.

Hi Emiel1! I appreciate your reply! I should have been more specific...I wish that Airbnb provided for a way to set Check OUT days as well as Check in days in Custom Trip Lengths. I have Professional Hosting Tools, and I do see that you can set both check in and check out days for ALL stays, but I only want to do so seasonally, from Memorial Day to mid-August, as this is our high season at the beach, and it is customary to require Saturday to Saturday bookings. There is no way to do this for a specific set of dates in Airbnb, as there is in VRBO. You can only set a minimum number of nights, and a Check IN day, but if someone books, for example, an 8 (or 9 or 10, etc.) night stay starting on a Saturday and checking out the following Sunday (8 nights later), this meets the 7 night minimum and Saturday check in requirement, but ruins the whole Saturday to Saturday calendar. I have spoken with Airbnb about this numerous times, and there is currently no workaround. It would be SO simple just to add a "check out day" selection option under "check in day" in the Custom Trip Requirements section, and problem solved! I don't get why they won't do this, and doubt that I'm the only host that has this issue summer after summer. Thanks!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Laura5809 It is all there in rulesets when using pro tools. You do need to do some mental gymnastics to make it work but it is very easy, in high season to force 7 night sat-sat stays or 3/4/7/10/14 night stays starting on whatever day you want.

Oh my goodness PLEASE explain how! I've spoken to multiple Airbnb customer support folks live and via messages, and have gotten nowhere! What I do now is go into Pricing & Availability, then Custom Trip Lengths, then set a 7 night minimum stay from the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend to the 2nd Saturday in August. I set check in on Saturday only, but haven't found a way to set a check out on Saturday only. But each year, it seems that it gets messed up. For example, the on Memorial Day weekend, people will book that Friday through Monday, bc that doesn't violate the ruleset. So I've addressed that by blocking off the Friday of Memorial Day weekend until I get that first Saturday to Saturday booked and then unblocking it to prevent that. But then inevitably, someone will book a Saturday-Sunday stay sometime later in June, which still doesn't violate the ruleset, and it ruins the whole Saturday to Saturday calendar cadence! Help! I appreciate your reply!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Laura5809 You say you have pro tools enabled.

Go into your calendar and highlight a range of dates. When they are highlighted the right hand side of the screen will pop out and there is an option to add a ruleset. Click on that and a whole world of opportunity awaits you.

You will need to extend the ruleset to before you really want it to apply I am afraid.

YOU ARE MY HERO! Why oh why didn't Customer Support just tell me to do this? I have been battling this issue for 4 years! Sent SO many messages, feedback, plus live discussions! And in one quick message you solved the problem! You have done a good deed today! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Laura5809 I should have said - People like @Emiel1 have a far better idea how the system works than Airbnb customer support!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura5809 

You need to create rule set and apply that rule set to the time period you want it to be active. Forget about the "custom trip lenght" and use this feature:

Emiel1_0-1668703393055.png

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!