Age for renters

How old I'd good to allow them to rent?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ann35969,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center and thank you for posting your query. We understand that many Hosts may have the same question. 

Hence, as a reminder to the Community, Hosts can note in their listing description any applicable restrictions that are set by law, regulations, or their housing community (e.g., senior housing), but cannot set their own age restrictions or add terms or decline reservations based on age.

You can also have a look at a summary of our nondiscrimination policy for more information. 

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Ann35969
Level 1
Camp Verde, AZ

Sorry how old for renter to be and where do u put info or stipulation?

I have found that to be as specific as possible in the 'The Space' description rather than try to be restrictive of age (within reason). Price also has a major influence on who you will get as a client.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ann35969   Many people rent only to guests who are 25 years of age and older. 

I have the following statement under my Additional House Rules:

The primary Guest must be an adult over 25 years in age who has a place of permanent residence to return to and who will be present during the entirety of the rental.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ann35969,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center and thank you for posting your query. We understand that many Hosts may have the same question. 

Hence, as a reminder to the Community, Hosts can note in their listing description any applicable restrictions that are set by law, regulations, or their housing community (e.g., senior housing), but cannot set their own age restrictions or add terms or decline reservations based on age.

You can also have a look at a summary of our nondiscrimination policy for more information. 

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines