Airbnb Calendar Link

Answered!

Airbnb Calendar Link

I have 4 listings that are all inter-connected.  When one listing is booked, I need it to block it on the calendar of the other listings.  I have linked all of the calendars.  All listings have the same availability settings (1 day notice/ 1 prep day).  When I am on my hosting site, it seems to be working fine.  However, I have two issues:

1. The guest calendar is not synchronizing with the hosting calendar.  Today, I had a guest make a request on dates that are blocked on my hosting calendar. I noticed on the guest calendar there were three designations black, gray and line through the date.  The gray appears to be a prep day and if it is why is it letting someone book on it.

2. I noticed on my app that my last listing calendar does not even appear.

Also, It would be helpful if Airbnb did an upgrade on the calendars by offering a master calendar that would identify each of the listings so hosts do not have to flip through calendars to figure out which listing is which.

1 Best Answer

Exactly.  Thank you.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

To add to the above.  When I am on the "link your Airbnb calendars" after hitting edit.  It says Which listings are in the (and here it has the name of my first listing) on each of the listings.  That says to me that the my third listing will show up in the first listing but the first listing will not show up in the third listing.  That make sense?  Just not clear to me and I wonder if that's not part of my problem (above)

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Scott-and-Virginia0,

The calendar linking feature is limited to just blocking the calendars between the primary calendar and secondary listings that are linked directly to the primary.  For example, a house has four bedrooms, and the host wants to list it with four different configurations depending upon the number of bedrooms that will be rented.  The primary listing is for the four bedrooms, and the secondary listings are for 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms, respectively.  Each of the secondary calendars is directly linked to the 4 bedroom primary listing.  Whenever the 4 bedroom listing is booked, it will block the all of secondary listings' calendars.  However, if 2 bedrooms are booked, it will only block the calendar of the 4 bedroom primary listing, and will not block the calendars of the 1 bedroom and 3 bedroom listings.  This is mentioned in the Airbnb Help page:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings.

Debra, thanks for taking the time for the detailed explanation.  Seems Airbnb had a good idea badly executed.  I'm going to go manual on the calendars.  Thanks again.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Scott-and-Virginia0 what do you mean by "the hosting calendar" and "the guest calendar"?

If Airbnb's standard linked calendar setup doesn't work for you, you don't have to "go manual". You can always use basic ical synching.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lisa723,

I will defer to @Scott-and-Virginia0 for clarification, but this is how interpreted their comments.  They have four calendars linked that they can see on their dashboard on the Availability tab.  They saw that at least two of the linked calendars had blocked dates after a reservation was made (host's calendar).  When another guest did a search for those blocked dates, a third linked listing appeared in the search reach results, and the dates were also displayed as available on the calendar in the listing page (guest's calendar).  Since the calendar link feature will only block the calendars of the primary and one secondary listing, they said that they will have to manually block the calendars for their third and fourth listings.

Exactly.  Thank you.