Airbnb Review format

Michael4916
Level 2
Groveland, CA

Airbnb Review format

As of host of 15 units I have shrived to be a Super Host. It took me awhile to figure out the system but I finally did. Now that I have I realize how grossly unfair it is to hosts. I just got a 3 STAR review from a guest. They gave me a score of 5 STARS for every category except location and value. For location they gave 4 STARS. I assume since this location had a spectacular view it was due to the very steep driveway so I can accept that reaction. Under overall value they left a 3 STAR rating? So Three  5 STAR One 4STAR and One 3 STAR = 3 STARS?? This is just one example and happens all the time. Another example is if you are at a 4.77 overall guest rating you are a 4.0, how fair is that?

I don't know why we should care anymore, truth is I don't think there is that much correlation between ratings and bookings.

1 Reply 1
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"This is just one example and happens all the time. " That should tell you something.

Airbnb's star system in itself is a good idea, unfortunately at the hands of humans it oftentimes takes unfortunate twists and turns that make no sense.  I think potential guests pay more attention to what reviews say rather than how many stars a particular listing gets.