Airbnb arent paying us and are refusing to help.Any suggestions?

Airbnb arent paying us and are refusing to help.Any suggestions?

I've sent countless messages to airbnb as they haven't paid us for last guest. I've sent countless messages and every single time they either don't read them and come back with some irrelevant or question I've already answered. They point blank refuse to check why the payment hasn't been sent their end. They refuse to answer my questions and they refuse to escalate my complaint. Every time we have a question or issue with airbnb the service is equally terrible. Complaining on social media and to their ceo etc also has no effect. They clearly don't care and I can't see anyway to get decent help. Does anyone have any suggestion please?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes @The-Pedal-Inn0 

1. stop using Airbnb and use other platforms/market your STR directly by setting up your own marketing channels ie FB/website/IG account etc.

2. Take Airbnb to your smalls claim court

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@The-Pedal-Inn0 

I really dont know what to say, they shouldnt treat host this way, as many rely on their payments coming on time.

I had a reason to contact them only last week over a miscalculation of a payment and it was resolved within 24 hours.

I am in Thailand could it be there is different CS centers......?

I s Airbnb the only platform you use? I have always said they should not be the only one, even though all our business this year has come through Airbnb I am still listed on a few other OTA's,

I have a FB page if I want to use it,

I can point you in the right direction and setup a marketing your own Direct Booking site, do you have a website?

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@The-Pedal-Inn0  Have you gone into your listing settings and looked at your earnings and the trail of payouts that you receive and the history of those payouts - I had one payout recently (first in 5 yrs.)  I didn't get notification like I always do and when I went in my listing and checked it - It had been processed and was on the way to the bank, the notification on email just had not been somehow sent to me. So before panics set in and you call CS - do all your own homework, research and look, check your listing info. 

You might be surprised. Before freaking out - sometimes things happen, first check. And also alot of times CS can't help with a particular problem and will have to send you to someone else. First do all you can before having to call them.

Curious on the outcome ???

happy hosting and good luck,

Clara

Thanks for your reply. They eventually looked into it for us and admitted they hadn't sent the payment and are fixing it now.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @The-Pedal-Inn0, I'm sorry to hear this. I have passed this on to the team for investigation. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen