Airbnb cancelled guest reservation on my calender after staying 9 days

Answered!
Miriam301
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Airbnb cancelled guest reservation on my calender after staying 9 days

I had a guest with two homes that left early because their daughter was sick. She did not want money back but cancelled through Airbnb. This cancelled her reservation from my calender and the cleaners did not see at as two homes to clean. It vanished from my calender.  I called Airbnb to say that this is unacceptable. My cleaners still need to know to clean the home. My next guest came to an unclean house. I had to place guest in another rental that was open. I asked Airbnb to pay for there stay and pay cleaning fee. The airbnb service person refused and said the problem was on my end. That I did not "sync" calenders?? This is absolutely making me crazy. The software pulls reservations from Airbnb to set their schedule for cleaning my 18 airbnb homes. I asked to speak to a manager but they responded, "I'll look for one." This is so upsetting. Airbnb makes so much manager but doesn't seem to have any managers for superhosts getting adequate customer service. I'm suppose to hear from them in 24 hours but if anyone has experienced a reservation dissapear, please let me know.

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Miriam301 

I'm confused by your post. So, you're saying the guest booked two of your listings and, when she cancelled, the cleaners did not see there were two listings to clean?

Also, if a stay is cancelled, it would of course disappear from your calendar. That's normal. Most hosts would want to rebook those dates if they can, so what would be the point in having the calendar blocked, preventing them from doing so?

I don't know if it works differently for hosts with a high number of listings (I have three), but it's normally the host's responsibility to sync calendars, keep the cleaners informed of last minute changes etc. I therefore can't see any reason why Airbnb would refund for a guest's stay or for the cleaning fee because you took a booking and the listing was not ready. If you had a new booking, surely the cleaners would have come in between the guests to clean anyway?

Or, maybe I am misunderstanding something?

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Miriam301 

I'm confused by your post. So, you're saying the guest booked two of your listings and, when she cancelled, the cleaners did not see there were two listings to clean?

Also, if a stay is cancelled, it would of course disappear from your calendar. That's normal. Most hosts would want to rebook those dates if they can, so what would be the point in having the calendar blocked, preventing them from doing so?

I don't know if it works differently for hosts with a high number of listings (I have three), but it's normally the host's responsibility to sync calendars, keep the cleaners informed of last minute changes etc. I therefore can't see any reason why Airbnb would refund for a guest's stay or for the cleaning fee because you took a booking and the listing was not ready. If you had a new booking, surely the cleaners would have come in between the guests to clean anyway?

Or, maybe I am misunderstanding something?

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Miriam301   With 18 AirBnB homes you need to be scheduling your cleaners yourself.  

These are your properties to manage.  You should be checking the calendars and your emails daily, if not several times a day and noting when you have new rentals or rentals that have "disappeared".   AirBnB sends notifications when a guest has booked or cancelled.  Were you not paying attention?  I do not rely on AirBnB software to track my properties or schedule my cleaners.  It is your business, not AirBnBs ... they just facilitate the advertising.