Airbnb doesn't want to pay me after a month of service. URGENT! (Must read for new hosts)

Airbnb doesn't want to pay me after a month of service. URGENT! (Must read for new hosts)

Wednesday 15 May 2024  ( I have been a host since the 4th of April 2024)

Hi everyone I'm a new host on the Airbnb platform and I have hosted guests at my place for a month (only), I had to stop because I never received the money from my guests.

I am writing to address a pressing concern regarding my recent hosting experience with Airbnb.

Despite diligently fulfilling all hosting responsibilities and adhering to the platform's guidelines, I regret to say that I have never received my payments for the services rendered. As per Airbnb's communication, my payout method was verified, and I was assured that payments would be processed promptly. However, up to day as I am typing this, there has been no deposit into my account. At first, they were telling me about my bank, but I checked, double-checked, and even triple-checked with the bank, at some point I was obliged to try different bank accounts since my first one was declined exactly the day my payment was supposed to come through ( with no apparent reason by the way, it was just saying " Can't process payouts. Please remove and try again"). I even tried to use Paypal as a payout method, which got verified and approved, then declined a day later. I have talked to hundreds of Airbnb ambassadors, customer service, support team, and they all just kept on redirecting me to a member in a better position without ever telling me anything significant or helpful. The worst is that I tryly feel like nobody in their team seems to care, nobody takes it seriously, they just been wasting time as if they just want me to give up on that money. I am just sincerely disappointed, drawn and frustrated, thanks to you airbnb.

Given the importance of timely compensation for the work I have done, I kindly request immediate attention to resolve this matter. It is crucial for me to receive the payments owed as soon as possible to maintain financial stability and uphold trust in the Airbnb platform.

I would appreciate a prompt response and a resolution to this issue. 

Thank you.

8 Replies 8
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Sorry you are going through Rushdy. As a host I regretfully have no clue as to what you should do as it appears that you have tried through several channels.

Hopefully you will find a solution here. The best of luck.

Bettye6

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Rushdy0 @Bettye6 
If I remember correctly, the first payment for new hosts comes after a month. After that it will be quicker

My first payment has always comes the day of check out. Never had a problem. 

Hi, thank you for your reply.

At this point, there isn't much that I can do except wait, hopefully it'll come through.

@Rushdy0 The same happen to me and  this happen to me 3 years ago when i open my airbnb and it was about month and few days extra i got all my payment toguether and sometimes is the bank that take a while to process the payment , I never have a problem with my payment after that everything is fine 

I think I probably did not have any problems as I use a BIG bank, Bank of America. My payouts always come straight away. I looked and yes a longer stay it comes during their stay. I have a lot of 1 night stays so then it is the next day.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Rushdy0 From the Airbnb help pages:

Payouts may be delayed for new Hosts

If you’re a new Host, we may hold your payouts for 30 days after your first reservation is confirmed. If your first reservation is more than 30 days away, your payout will be released 24 hours after your guest’s scheduled check-in. This will apply to any payouts scheduled for release during those 30 days.

Hi there, thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to believe so but there are still a few points that keep me doubting.

1. It has been over a month already, in fact, it's going to be 2 months past the 4th of June.
  2.  I have been in touch with the support team and talked to 50+ of them but no one mentioned that 30days delay
  3. I went through the community centre and found that my case is not isolated, another host has been expecting their payout for over 3 months. I didn't see anything that could mean that they finally got their payout. 

Did your first payout take that long, I mean 30 days?