Airbnb is deleting my listing

Answered!
Lv0
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

Airbnb is deleting my listing

I’ve been a host for nine years    Air b is removing my listing and cancelling all further bookings after June 16   I am almost fully booked till September    I had a few bad reviews  that gave me one star   The issues have been dealt with    I have hundreds of five star    I’ve appealed but only able to communicate with computer generated messaging    I have not been able to actually contact a knowledgeable staff member   This is very disheartening an unfair    

1 Best Answer
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Lv0 

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

I have passed your details over to the team, explained the situation, and asked if they can investigate and come back to you with a response.  I can't promise it'll change anything but it's worth a shot.

Feel free to pop back and let us know how you get on, once they've been in touch.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Lv0  What Airbnb may (or should) be looking for nowadays,  is consistency of their offered places. This leads to dependability, that anyone that stays 'in an Airbnb' can depend on at least a pleasant stay, with low risk. 

Regardless once in a while even the most dependable of places will get an occasional ogre, but not too frequently over time. That is probably why they have an issue with your place. And you responds are combative, not cooperative, a real no-no in hosting.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It is very odd indeed that Airbnb would have removed your listing for one negative review when you have hundreds of positive ones @Lv0  There are lots of hosts on Airbnb who have consistently bad reviews (In Airbnb terms) i.e. 4.2s that they don't remove.

Either they have made a mistake or there is another reason they have removed your listing from the platform.

Have you called them rather than messaging them?

You could try them on their social media. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lv0 

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

I have passed your details over to the team, explained the situation, and asked if they can investigate and come back to you with a response.  I can't promise it'll change anything but it's worth a shot.

Feel free to pop back and let us know how you get on, once they've been in touch.

Jenny

-----

Lv0
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

Im in disbelief.  My case was reopened and reinstated this morning. I’ve spent two weeks working on this. I did find it strange that they still hadn’t commenced cancelling my multitude of guests that I have booked into September. Figured guests would be pretty upset with cancellations.  I accept pets also which sometimes can be very hard to find accommodations. BBB responded to me this morning that they got a reply from AIrbnb. I don't know if it was you that helped me or better business bureau or most likely both!  Thank you kindly for taking time and care and all is resolved.  

Lv0
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

Im in disbelief.  My case was reopened and reinstated this morning. I’ve spent two weeks working on this. I did find it strange that airb still hadn’t commenced cancelling my multitude of guests that I have booked into September. Figured guests would be pretty upset with cancellations.  I accept pets also which sometimes can be very hard to find accommodations. BBB responded to me this morning that they got a reply from AIrbnb. I don't know if it was you that helped me or better business bureau or most likely both!  Thank you kindly for taking time and care and all is resolved.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lv0 Great result and thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lv0 

I'm so happy to see this update from you!  Thank you so much for popping on to let us know.

Please keep us in the loop, and you're always welcome here on the Community whether it's to ask a question or have a chat with your fellow hosts.

Jenny

-----