Airbnb listing as 1 bedroom vs 2 bedroom?

Ewa354
Level 1
Fitzroy North, Australia

Airbnb listing as 1 bedroom vs 2 bedroom?

Hi all!

I'm in Melbourne, Australia and own a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. I will soon be moving in with my partner so I want to Airbnb my place.

My question is - do I lock the extra bedroom and bathroom and advertise it as one bedroom? My concern is that 2 bedrooms will attract more "groups" who want to party (and all of my neighbours are lovely ppl who I don't want to annoy). I also don't have a "real bed" in the second bedroom, and would need to invest and buy extra bedding, pillows, blankets etc. I assume (but could be wrong) that one bedroom will attract couples, who will be quieter. 

Is the risk worth the extra income?

Thanks
Ewa

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ewa354  Listing for 4 is not usually problematic. It's when hosts get into 6- 16 territory that it attracts the partiers. It's perfectly acceptable to lock off a bedroom, though. Just make sure you list it as a one bedroom house.

One thing you might consider is turning the second bedroom into an office space. Nice desk and comfortable computer chair, good work lighting and sufficient electrical outlets. There are so many people working from home these days, and digital nomads, that could be really attractive to some guests.

Of course you'd need good, reliable Wifi for that.

Ewa354
Level 1
Fitzroy North, Australia

Thanks @Sarah977 - great tips! I actually use the spare bedroom as my home office, so its already set up!