Airbnb posting wrong prices, lack of host support

Debbie1085
Level 1
New York, NY

Airbnb posting wrong prices, lack of host support

The site is giving false numbers of price. Meaning my listing is for $795 a night but shows in searches for $21,000 @a night!

I tried to contact support several times, but its just a failure. Spent a long time on phone when they finally understood they promised a call back. Never did...

Tried email and chat support, just to be told for days its waiting for tech support, then they get back and clearly totaly failed to understand. 

And have the audacity to write "I wont be able reply for 3 days so...".

I need real support urgent, it should not take a week.

In no company have I ever experienced such a lack of support.

Does everyone experience this blatant lack of support for hosts?

Is there real knowledgeable airbnb support contacts?

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Debbie1085 

I fear nobody will book your place on such an exceptional rate...

Can you provide a screenshot of the $21.000,- a night ?

And provide a link to your listing (as since the community update it seems Airbnb profile is not accessable anymore from the community profile ?)

@Emiel1 @Debbie1085 

I made a post this morning about this, I saw a similar post from a guest on FB, 

It made me look in my area and I could see similar listing with sky high prices I reckon I know the market here where I live,

I wonder if the host know about it, maybe sitting there scratching their heads wondering why the have no bookings, 

Another thing I noticed, nothing I can do about it, Host response rates some around 60%

How bad is that? @Emiel1 

Concetta95
Level 1
Melbourne, FL

I am new to this and I have a similar problem. I am asking 75.00 a night.

I am getting bombarded with requests because it is coming out to like 196.00 a month!!

I have tried and tried to fix it myself I asked for assistance on the chat and they said they cant help me.

I don't know what to do.

@Concetta95 when we suffered from this problem we discovered that the system had entered a weekly price (for some others its a monthly price) that was stupidly low. Go into you pricing tab and edit the bit that says weekly or monthly pricing and you will probably find your problem.

@Debbie1085 perhaps a stupidly high price has been set in the same place? Worth a look.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Debbie1085 

Are you sure it's showing the nightly price? The search function changed after the Summer Release, so if you don't enter specific dates, it was show prices for a weekend, week or month (defaulting to the week if you don't select one of the other two). If you have a monthly discount in place, you might be seeing the monthly price, which is around that amount...

Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 16.58.36.png