Airbnb shows how long the guest stayed!

Airbnb shows how long the guest stayed!

Hello community, I was just sending some Airbnb listing to a friend who is going to travel. When reading the reviews I saw that Airbnb display how long they stayed at the Airbnb. I really do not like that feature. Why do we need to know if the guest stayed 2 nights or 2 months. 
what are your thoughts on this? Have you realized?

15 Replies 15
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Karissa31 you must have a different version of Airbnb to us. When we look at the reviews a place has we see how many stars each guest left and how long ago their stay was. We do not see how long they stayed.

Thanks much

I screened shot it. Yes am wondering if mine was updated.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Karissa31 ! I was having a quick look at your reviews (which look amazing by the way, seems like your guests are really happy and enjoyed their stay at your listing😍). 

I happened to notice that it doesn't show the length of stay of those guests in reviews. If it still shows differently for you, do share a screenshot with me and I will be more than happy to get it checked by our lovely tech team.  Keep us posted if you still need help with it!

Bhumika_0-1698440393525.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika thanjs for the update of information that you saw. I must have another version. 

57a59b70-537a-4889-82a4-27116ef837cc.jpeg

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lorna170 @Kia272 @Karissa31 ! Thank you for chiming in and sharing more information and a screenshot. I will pass it forward to the tech team as well.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Perhaps you could look at my reviews to see if you see the number of days rented appended to the review. I am seeing stayed 3 days, stayed with children, stayed with pets, etc. perhaps it is something only the host can see, but only you can validate this assumption 

I had a guest that told me she saw it and didn’t like it.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Karissa31  I am seeing the same thing, and I agree that it's  a bit weird. Nobody really needs to know how long a guest stayed at a property. It's like being all up in somebody else's business.  AirBnB is constantly making changes, and this one makes very little sense to me. 

They also changed the date and time stamp on postings in the CC, so now it's the date and time of the last reply, rather than the original date of the post. Go figure. 

@Bhumika 

It’s invading peoples privacy. Airbnb team say if they get any request they can look into taking it down but now one has said anything yet. I had guest told me they won’t write any reviews because of that. They don’t need to say how long someone stayed at anyone’s home is all am saying. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

As a host and guest I like this feature. It helps gauge the validity of a review.  

Specifically, If you see a bad cleanliness review with a 4 day stay, you can discount the review.  If it were truly dirty, why would the guest stay for 4 days?

Helen3246
Level 2
New Smyrna Beach, FL

I completely agree - it’s an invasion of my guests’ privacy to display how long they stayed somewhere. I wouldn’t want someone to know how long I’ve stayed somewhere.  Were you successful on having that information removed from your profile/reviews?