Airbnb sucks

Answered!
John2417
Level 2
Volcano, HI

Airbnb sucks

Since covid the service has dropped off the planet. No one knows anything anymore.

1 Best Answer

The problem with bookings was not my responses to some bad people. My pricing on my calendar was showing $171 when we lowered it to $149. I called Airbnb 4 Xs on this matter. No one could tell me how to change it. I even escalated it to a supposed manager. He had no clue how to change it either. I found out by accident and tried cancelling the rule sets. And it worked. As far as my comments , most of my guests are smart enough to figure out that if I have 300 plus 5 star reviews and 4 bad ones who the ** really are. To many people  sugar coat the truth. Recently 4 young people checked in after hours. I could hear them being loud all night. Drunk and maybe on meth, by morning they were screaming and fighting in my hotel. I told them to get the ** out, and in my review I told them if you want to be loud and party , go to the beach. We don't allow this type of behavior at Jade Oasis. This hotel is mostly 5 stars and peaceful .

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@John2417 

Your post is a bit vague would you mind telling us your reasons?

@Sudsrung0

If @John2417 is talking about AirBnB's Customer Service, he is correct.  The outsourcing of the customer service to third party companies during the pandemic has resulted in very inadequate assistance from the customer service personnel.  

AirBnB needs to bring their customer service department back in-house.  IMO, no customer service from a third party company is going to be as well trained and helpful as a customer service department housed by the actual company.

Picture it -- if the blue phone line lights up, the person answering is an agent for an airline.  If the red phone line lights up, they are an agent for AirBnB.  They answer calls and try to get the person off the phone as quickly as possible so that they are paid.  If the issue is too difficult and is not included in the binder that they are reading from, they will "be on vacation/out of the office for the next three days".   

That's what John is complaining about.

If I return for a 2nd life I want to be either a dog (owned by a westerner) OR an Airbnb CS person who is constantly "on vacation/out of the office for the next three days".  😁

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lorna170 wrote:

They answer calls and try to get the person off the phone as quickly as possible so that they are paid.  If the issue is too difficult and is not included in the binder that they are reading from, they will "be on vacation/out of the office for the next three days".   

@Lorna170 I think you hit the nail on the head. I know I keep posting a link to this article and that it is very long, but it's quite a fascinating read...

https://www.propublica.org/article/meet-the-customer-service-reps-for-disney-and-airbnb-who-have-to-...

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @John2417 ,

I hope you are doing well! Is there any specific situation that has been troubling you? If possible, can you share more details about any recent experience that made you post this so that the members can help you? 

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hey, I found you here, too...Sounds like you work for Airbnb?...Anyway, LA gave me 365 Extended Night privileges, with a certificate and everything...Airbnb refuses to recognize it and will not unblock my calendar. SUPER frustrating.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Rachel2383 ,

Haha, yes, we are Airbnb Community Managers for this Community Center!😆

On a side note, I have nudged the team again for updates! In case I receive anything, I will make sure to get back to you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

John2417
Level 2
Volcano, HI

As a host, it is difficult even to sign in much less get an intelligent person on the line. Vrbo is doing most of my booking these days. For some reason people are not finding us on AIRBNB. It used to be AIRBNB was the leader in booking my place, Jade Oasis in Volcano Hawaii  But sadly no longer. When I talk to a service person they tell me my price is to high , wrong there is some thing wrong with their system.

@John2417 Based on your responses to certain slightly negative reviews I would not book your accommodation. You might be better off asking Airbnb to delete your responses.

I had superhost status until recently. Mostly Airbnb customers were trying to get free stays by complaining after they stayed. They even told us what a wonderful time they had until after they left and complained to AIRBNB demanding money back. Some people are cheaters.

Also no matter how nice your place is some people show up in a bad mood or fighting with a traveling partner. I can see it when they show up. Angry,or generally not friendly. You can bet they will give you a bad review. You can not fix an attitude problem.

@John2417 yes some guests can be problematic but to exacerbate that with your response to their review only hurts your bookings.

The problem with bookings was not my responses to some bad people. My pricing on my calendar was showing $171 when we lowered it to $149. I called Airbnb 4 Xs on this matter. No one could tell me how to change it. I even escalated it to a supposed manager. He had no clue how to change it either. I found out by accident and tried cancelling the rule sets. And it worked. As far as my comments , most of my guests are smart enough to figure out that if I have 300 plus 5 star reviews and 4 bad ones who the ** really are. To many people  sugar coat the truth. Recently 4 young people checked in after hours. I could hear them being loud all night. Drunk and maybe on meth, by morning they were screaming and fighting in my hotel. I told them to get the ** out, and in my review I told them if you want to be loud and party , go to the beach. We don't allow this type of behavior at Jade Oasis. This hotel is mostly 5 stars and peaceful .

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm sorry you are having issues setting your pricing. Go to the Airbnb Help Centre and search for pricing for a guide on how you set your prices 

Bretton3
Level 1
Mapleton, UT

Ive had a hard time with airbnb as well