Airbnb to VRBO Calendar not syncing properly

Answered!
Erik1242
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb to VRBO Calendar not syncing properly

My VRBO doesn't seem to be importing my Airbnb calendar properly for 2023 bookings. My 2022 booking are syncing ok and blocking out my VRBO calendar as expected, but nothing for 2023 is coming through. As a result, I have had two double bookings on VRBO bc people on that site see my calendar as open even though I have Airbnb bookings. Anyone else experiencing these calendar syncing issues? VRBO customer support said it "appears to be a glitch for 2023 calendars". (you may want to check your calendars on VRBO to be sure it's not happening to you)

1 Best Answer
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

Translated from Dutch, an email I received from VRBO today
@Ron10083 @Erik1242 @Lorraine3 @Forex-Tips0 @Kurt278 

In the past week, you may have experienced issues with your Airbnb and Vrbo calendar syncing. We've contacted Airbnb and found a solution to the problem.

Please check your recent bookings to make sure your calendar is correct and up-to-date. If you are still experiencing problems, please refresh your calendar sync. All cancellations caused by duplicate bookings are automatically waived during the period of the glitch.

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29

I am trying to synch my property between VRBO and Airbnb, I was successful in importing my VRBO calendar to Airbnb but not the other way, VRBO says it is having problems importing the calendar.  When I looked, it seemed that VRBO truncated the URL from Airbnb.  I appended the missing characters in the box to import but it did not work either.  Any suggestions?

Lisa620
Level 2
Houston, TX

not able to import dates in 2024 from airbnb.  have tried all the suggestions in this thread.  still not working

Bien817
Level 2
Ripon, CA

Yes this is happening to me as well. I had to cancel a VRBO booking and of course, guest was very upset. It was syncing fine until it hit January. 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Erik1242 

It's a common problem with VRBO. I've resolved to quickly checking the VRBO calendar after every booking from another platform. Other platform bookings often don't show up on the VRBO calendar, so I just enter it manually. 

Having said that, I haven't had a booking from VRBO in over a year, so it probably doesn't matter. 

I think the booking problem with VRBO is just that Airbnb runs circles around them and books everything up before VRBO has a chance. I suspect that if I blocked Airbnb dates, I'd start getting a few bookings from VRBO. But I'm not very happy about all their hidden charges, so I'll stick with the others for now. 

Still, our VRBO listing shows up on page 2 or 3 in a Google search, so it's free promotion, even if nobody books it. 

Itโ€™s happening right now and there have been times where it takes a long time to sync

Tony42
Level 2
Carlsbad, CA

I had a double booking between AirBnb and VRBO recently on Jan. 14, 2023. It was over 24 hours later the booking came in on VRBO because my calendars did not sync automatically. Generally the calendar sync works as intended but VRBO does seem to have occasional technical difficulties and they don't really seem to care about the inconvenience it causes a guest when you have to cancel on them. I like the idea of turning off instant booking on VRBO as I can no longer trust them. I've had about 1000 reservations between the 2 platforms over the past 9 years. I used to be about 50/50 with the number of bookings I get between AirBnb and VRBO,  and both have their problems, so you just have to figure out your own solutions to work around issues like these.

Kurt278
Level 2
Racine, WI

Iโ€™m going through the same thing now with my listing. I had to block the dates on VRBO that i know are reserved on airbnb so nobody else books 

If you're experiencing issues with the synchronization of your Airbnb and VRBO calendars, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check calendar settings: Verify that you have correctly set up the calendar synchronization feature on both the Airbnb and VRBO platforms. Ensure that the calendars are linked and that the proper permissions are granted for syncing to.

2. Refresh calendar data: Sometimes, calendar syncing issues can be resolved by manually refreshing the calendar data. On both Airbnb and VRBO, try refreshing the calendar view or clicking on a "Sync" or "Update" button to fetch the latest data from the connected platforms.

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]**

Lorraine3
Level 2
Cooper Landing, AK

I've had the exact same issue and I'm trying to sync my Airbnb calendars with my VRBO and the VRBO will not import the Airbnb calendar. I have gotten quite a few double bookings. I can't get hold of a VRBO rep for help. 

Yeah me and my friends having same problem. VRBO said it is a global issue! Makes me wonder if they are being held hostage for ransom ware?? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

Translated from Dutch, an email I received from VRBO today
@Ron10083 @Erik1242 @Lorraine3 @Forex-Tips0 @Kurt278 

In the past week, you may have experienced issues with your Airbnb and Vrbo calendar syncing. We've contacted Airbnb and found a solution to the problem.

Please check your recent bookings to make sure your calendar is correct and up-to-date. If you are still experiencing problems, please refresh your calendar sync. All cancellations caused by duplicate bookings are automatically waived during the period of the glitch.

Ramona225
Level 1
British Columbia, Canada

How do you refresh the calendar sync?

Hi @Ramona225 

1. Go to Calendar - Right Panel 
  2. Availability - scroll to bottom
  3. Calendar Sync
  4. Calendar Import
  5. Refresh Calendar

Pricing & Availability.png

Calendar Sync 3.png

Refresh Calendar 2.png

Christiana77
Level 2
Havelock North, New Zealand

Its Still a problem  - Feb, 2024. It takes too long! It should be faster!

That has not worked yet.