Airbnb to VRBO Calendar not syncing properly

Answered!
Erik1242
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb to VRBO Calendar not syncing properly

My VRBO doesn't seem to be importing my Airbnb calendar properly for 2023 bookings. My 2022 booking are syncing ok and blocking out my VRBO calendar as expected, but nothing for 2023 is coming through. As a result, I have had two double bookings on VRBO bc people on that site see my calendar as open even though I have Airbnb bookings. Anyone else experiencing these calendar syncing issues? VRBO customer support said it "appears to be a glitch for 2023 calendars". (you may want to check your calendars on VRBO to be sure it's not happening to you)

1 Best Answer
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

Translated from Dutch, an email I received from VRBO today
@Ron10083 @Erik1242 @Lorraine3 @Forex-Tips0 @Kurt278 

In the past week, you may have experienced issues with your Airbnb and Vrbo calendar syncing. We've contacted Airbnb and found a solution to the problem.

Please check your recent bookings to make sure your calendar is correct and up-to-date. If you are still experiencing problems, please refresh your calendar sync. All cancellations caused by duplicate bookings are automatically waived during the period of the glitch.

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Erik1242   Is your AirBnB calendar availability set to "All future dates" ?  Is the VRBO calendar set for the same time period?  The longest period that I can enter on VRBO is 24 months, which is not the same parameter as "All future dates" that exists on AirBnB.

If your 2023 bookings are not transferring to VRBO, manually enter the reservation when it occurs until VRBO resolves this technical issue.  I know that this is a pain, but no one should rely on programming synchronization between platforms that are constantly being tweaked by bored, careless programmers who do not test changes adequately.

VRBO made changes to their calendar setup in October.  Ever since, I have had ongoing issues with the calendars and the calendar synchronization on that website.   VRBO's CS has very little understanding or power when it comes to technical programming issues.  

Really helpful information. I just got a double booking as well. Airbnb was booked and then someone on Vrbo booked same place and dates.

Apparently, we will have to manually manage all future dates until both platform calendar syncs are resolved.

(Which makes me think, why would they want to resolve this issue? They'd only want for you to do all your business in their platform, whoever that might be. I don't know...just saying.)

Erik1242
Level 2
New York, NY

Thanks Lorna. Yes. All future dates for both Airbnb and VRBO.

I used to do all the calendar sync manually but finally broke down and started importing calendars because I have another full time job and family and etc etc and it has been a lifesaver. 

Now, for whatever reason, VRBO can't see any Airbnb bookings past Jan 1 2023 and I ended up with 3 double bookings that I had to cancel and then turned off instant booking. This is a disaster for me.

Exact same thing is happening to me. And you just made a great point. I'd rather turn off instant booking on the platform that gives me less bookings, and then just accept the reservations that I will have to manually confirm that will be available. Thank you!

Soren12
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

MY VRBO calendar show ABB Bookings that are NOT there. And I can't make the days available in VRBO (as it say it should be fixed on the ABB site)

Same here.

same here. Having anxiety thinking there will be another double booking

Lori2674
Level 1
Fincastle, VA

I have had to suspend (hide) my entire property on VRBO due to this problem. The calenders do not sync and I've had a guest show up at a property that was occupied by Airbnb guest! They were in town, lost without a place to stay. 😞

Janice-and-Dennis0
Level 2
New Buffalo, MI

Yes this is happening to me as we speak. Airbnb is blocking dates on its own and not showing on VRBO calendar and vice versa neither platform really seems to care I've had multiple double bookings

I have multiple units on one property and when one rents or books, it blocks those dates on all my units which are separate Prop ID#'s costing $thousands in lost bookings.

@Erik1242 @Sandra5028 @Janice-and-Dennis0 @Lori2674 @Soren12 

You might need to delete your calendar links and re-enter them. This worked for me.

AirBnB was blocking out all of 2023, it said VRBO was blocking it. VRBO calendar was not blocking anything. Had to delete the link on AirBnB, got to VRBO, get a new export link, and paste again into AirBnB. This got rid of the block.

I tried this and it synced with current info. But once changes were made, it would not sync again. 

This is happening to me as well. I've had 2 double bookings in February and it was not a fun experience. Does anyone recommend a third party hosting platform that hasn't had any double booking issues??

Have you found a 3rd party calendar syncing platform? I’m having this same issue now also