Almost no bookings for 3 months for a normally very popular Superhost listing

Answered!

Almost no bookings for 3 months for a normally very popular Superhost listing

After averaging over 85% occupancy since 2016, and being super hosts for many years, our Bellevue, WA apartment listed at https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9303186 ,has been vacant for 3 months except for a short booking over Christmas. Now looking forward we have no bookings for another month and very few following, whereas our listing insummer is normally half booked out at this point.

Are there any obvious reasons for this, is there something wrong with our listing ? or something wrong with AirBnB.com ? Any suggestions ?

Also some other questions:

• I can no longer see a filter on Superhost which was there before. Is that correct ? And why was that change made when we were told this was a benefit of being a Superhost?  Was this removed when “Guest favorite” was added”
  • What is the criteria for a listing being shown as a “Guest Favorite”? We are a “Guest Favorite” but even so we are not seeing bookings and would like to understand the criteria for that.
1 Best Answer

Hey @Terry886 - I just made a very similar post about my own listing about bookings (and even views) being the lowest I've seen them in my +6 years hosting!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Critique-welcome-Does-my-rural-cabin-stan...

Your listing looks great. Good reviews, guest favorite, nice overall listing (as you know since its been working well for you), and I confirm I see you're Superhost. Checked and it was showing up pricing and availability just fine. Did a 'Bellevue' search in a pretty large area and you were on the 4th row scrolling down, so that's pretty great. And you're right, the 'Guest Favorite' tag I guess overrides the Superhost, I'm not sure which would be considered more of a marketing perk at this point. Looks like you're still in a fair, relative price range for the area too.

... It's a mystery! The only thing I can see is in Jan-Mar 2023 you only had 5 bookings, so this being your slow season is maybe just extra slow this year?

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 00.49.41.png

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Kathy1371
Level 2
Goose Creek, SC

I think there are a lot of hosts expressing the same concern. Supposedly the supply has exceeded the demand; and to top it off — our economy.

Suggestions:

➡️They say if you rearrange or add new pictures, it changes the algorithm.

➡️Sign up with VRBO ( got that from my AI app)

➡️Try Furnished Finders

➡️Post your link on every Social Media platform and ask your friends to share.

Thats all I got. Personally I’m going to start more communications with past guests and offer special.

Hey @Terry886 - I just made a very similar post about my own listing about bookings (and even views) being the lowest I've seen them in my +6 years hosting!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Critique-welcome-Does-my-rural-cabin-stan...

Your listing looks great. Good reviews, guest favorite, nice overall listing (as you know since its been working well for you), and I confirm I see you're Superhost. Checked and it was showing up pricing and availability just fine. Did a 'Bellevue' search in a pretty large area and you were on the 4th row scrolling down, so that's pretty great. And you're right, the 'Guest Favorite' tag I guess overrides the Superhost, I'm not sure which would be considered more of a marketing perk at this point. Looks like you're still in a fair, relative price range for the area too.

... It's a mystery! The only thing I can see is in Jan-Mar 2023 you only had 5 bookings, so this being your slow season is maybe just extra slow this year?

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 00.49.41.png

Thanks @Marina481, We have had a couple of future bookings but still VERY slow.  We had a long term guest Jan - Mar 2023 so that is not  a helpful comparison.  I have been working on improving the site and will just keep trying - thanks for your input !! 🙂

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

I could have written this myself. Zero bookings and since there has been such a long dry spell I lost Superhost. I went on line using another laptop and found myself as a guest favorite, on page 10. 
Frustrating but I am happy I went on VRBO last year to try to make up

fir this dry spell which is probably contributing to no bookings from ABB.