Amenities

Amenities

Hi. I am a new host and find it ambiguous if you don't select X or √ because it implies that the amenity might or might not be provided. 

Anyway, I accidentally selected √ for an amenity but it won’t allow me to unselect. It only allows me to select X but if I do that it will show as excluded amenity. I want to revert back to its original state being neither X or √ selected so it doesn’t show in listing as included or excluded amenity. Any ideas please? Thanks

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adam1846 clicking neither answer defaults to the amenity being not provided. As such there is no point in reverting back to neither being ticked.

Thanks for swift response. Sure but it means it will be in exclusions list which I regard as a negative to potential guests hence why I want it removed/unmentioned completely.

Do you regard exclusions as negative?

Hi @Adam1846 , good question! I don't have an aswer, but lets see if somebody else can answer you, I am also interested to know if exclusions can be regarded as negative ...

Thank you @Andrea6232 . I don't think I agree with @Mike-And-Jane0  when they say clicking neither defaults to amenity not being provided because if that was the case why isn't it automatically specified in the listing's exclusions? To me it just means it might be otherwise what's the point of the X which specifies exclusions in listing if it effectively means the same thing.  On a kind of side note, I currently have a guest who decided to wander into my kitchen to cook a meal. Use of kitchen as per the listing is in the list of exclusions and also clearly mentioned in my house rules. He said it doesn't matter and that ALL Airbnb rentals provide use of kitchen!

I corrected him but he said I was very much mistaken! Onwards!

@Andrea6232 @Mike-And-Jane0 Airbnb support have said only way to undo the accidental X or Y is to unlist and create new listing. I said that's not an undo because a new listing starts from scratch and is also a huge and onerous process so not user friendly. I asked them to explain why a genuine undo is not a feature but I doubt I'll get a sensible answer, then again you never know.

Ciao @Adam1846 according to my experience Airbnb customer support is of no help at all 🙁

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Adam1846 , As it has been a while you posted, what did you find in the end? Were you able to deselect the amenities option like you wanted? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika . Airbnb support said it's not possible and only way around it is to create new listing from scratch.