Android app usability

Michael4720
Level 1
Whiting, VT

Android app usability

My upcoming reservations don't show up in the app.  There needs to be a button in the app that shows my upcoming reservations (so I can look up the address, and so on).

By sheer persistence and luck I found a way to access upcoming reservations.

I have to go:

TRIPS -> Visit the Help Center -> Contact us -> Reservations

This uniquely user-unfriendly labyrinth is the worst design of a booking app I've ever seen.

When I open the app now it seems to be stuck on reservation I had about a week ago, which it calls a "trip."  There are also "stays."

What's the deal, is this app just badly designed or am I the stupid one?

Booking dot com and agoda aren't convoluted like this.

Edit:  What I've learned:   Several bookings can be lumped together in a "trip".  In the android app, the image for the "trip" shows the booking I had last week.  If I click on it, my upcoming booking shows up.  But an intermediate booking, in the same city (the apartment in which I am typing this) doesn't show up under that "trip" at all!  The whole thing is just way too fussy and arbitrary.

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Just a thought, @Michael4720 , since that is not what I see at all in my app. Do you have it set for Hosting rather than Travelling? You do that by selecting Profile at the bottom of the screen, then selecting Switch to Hosting. 

Did that help?

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Try updating the software on your phone. Sometimes I encounter glitches on  the app on my phone when I don't update my phone often enough.