Any advice for this rural cabin rental?

Nicholas885
Level 2
Cape Coral, FL

Any advice for this rural cabin rental?

Hi everyone,

The rural isolation and forest tranquility is what we love about our cabin, but also can be a challenge to rental since most haven't even heard of the town. We trying to market it correctly and are open to suggestions from those with more experience- especially with rural rentals.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1102387071303049366

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-Nick

5 Replies 5
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Nicholas885, welcome to our community.

I am reaching out to some of our expert Hosts to invite them to share their suggestions on your listing: @Bettye6@Eileen462@John7474@Kitty-and-Creek0  and @Patricia2526 

All the best ✌️

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hi @Nicholas885  thank you 🙏 @Paula 

While customizing Airbnb links is not mandatory, it can provide hosts with valuable marketing advantages and enhance their overall online presence, ultimately leading to more inquiries, bookings, and a stronger brand identity.

Customized links allow hosts to create a personalized and memorable web address that reflects their brand or listing name. It can help hosts establish a distinct identity and promote their listings more effectively across different marketing channels, such as social media. Promote your listing on social media platforms, local community groups, travel forums. Just copy your unique Airbnb link and share.

Customized links can include relevant keywords, location names, or unique identifiers that can enhance the search engine rankings of a listing. This can lead to increased organic traffic and exposure, as well as attract potential guests who are actively searching for accommodations in a specific area.

Here is a simple step by step on how to do it.

1. Open Airbnb app

2. Go to menu

3. Tap on your listing

4. Under listing tab, scroll down to "Custom Link"

5. Tap the current link to edit

6. Remove the auto generated alpha numeric link but leave all Airbnb root link until /

7. Type in your unique link or your own brand

8. Tap update link button to save

Read more here : https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2575

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Nicholas885 When I moved from  Honolulu Hawaii to Buckeye AZ  had too figure out new marketing.  Buckeye has a Costco now lol.  What I discovered  because I was having the same problem,  nobody knows Buckeye and I am at least an hour  if not more from even phoenix.      I am  not a cheap hotel where you want to be, I am great location for many  contract workers at the plants, at construction sites,  I even have a vet for a dairy farm on a Visa.  Look at  what is positive not negative about your site for guests..  What guests  value what you offer?   Don't go real cheap on your   pricing  I am  average for Arizona because too cheap actually gave the guests I am a good fit for concerns about quality of what  I offered.  Long term guests want different items then my short term in  Hawaii and I am  a brain picker what are good ideas to  quantify my  price.  I  got ideas like a comfortable sitting  chair a mini fridge in the room.  Some of my business customers I  consult for in Arizona sell food I an  always counseling  don't   compete against Taco Bell.   You  aren't selling scrambled hamburger tacos and the customer wanting a cheap  taco is not who you want.  Instead of focusing on why your not a good fit for the average guest highlight why you are an  excellent fit for your market.  Doesn't guarantee  no problems,  but   the majority of problems  go away. 

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

Your listing should focus on why it is the perfect place for your market  but your positive reference to  very rural  many people want that situation also in a positive way highlight to the guest that can't cook haha maybe rural  though nice is not my perfect fit

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Nicholas885 

Agree with all the comments.

I am in sort of a rural/farming area too,  a little over a hour drive to the BIG destinations, Chicago, Milwaukee. 

Your place looks awesome. It will be challenging though my niece's cabin is very rural in upstate New York & she gets a lot of glampers from either Buffalo or Manhattan so do not worry about location.

Research a lot. Have you looked where, how far and what your competition charges nightly? I do not see a Guidebook (it's frustrating that one has to even dig to find one regardless but my guests LOVE my Bettye's Guidebook. It gives the majority of the things to do around my area. Plus I printed it and leave it in my STR.

I would add some more charm, hit the local antique shops, thrifts stores, etc. and get some art work up (local would be amazing as your place is in my favorite ...Appalachian and just a few nic/nac type of items to warm the place up. When it comes to cabins take pictures of what stcok you have in your kitchen. My guest like that as well. Read on social media of too many complaints of people going to cabins and have just 1 pan to cook in and with no lid! LOL Take of few pictures of open cabinets and drawers with what you have for them to utilize. 

If you have a Chamber of Commerce near by join....they are pretty consistent nationwide in helping small businesses. Social media, I love what @Patricia2526 had to say though I am not to savy with personal web sites, blogs. etc. however I do utilize my personal FB page & Instagram to promote my place. Ask your friends to go and like you place on AirBnB. The more on your wish list I heard it helps your ranking. 

Make large 4X6 business cards,Place on your best picture of the place, get a QC code (if I can do it any one can) and like @Patricia2526  said make your AirBnB link personal. I even added the AirBnB logo on my cards. I bought a bunch of card holders off of Amazon and just went to bars, restaurants, stores, churches, etc. and asked them if they would display your cards.

Have a relative or friend stay at your place through AirBnB and ask them to give great review. It breaks the ice plus you get a honest perspective of your place.

I could say more though do not want to overwhelm you but these are for sure my best starting out advice.

The best of luck. You are welcome to direct message me if you need any other help.

Bettye6