Any suggestions how i can improve my listing please

Any suggestions how i can improve my listing please

Hi everyone ☺️ 

Glad to join Airbnb, would you please help me with your opinion how I can improve my listing 

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Elica515 

Your property looks like it has a lot to offer and it seems you have a good base to work on, with everything seeming new and clean and reasonably well equipped. But, you are just not selling it with your listing.

1. I think you could really improve your photos. They are not selling your listing at all.

The first one, which I am guessing is of the communal area/lobby is good, but I just want to ask if this is your own photo and if you have copyright/permission to use it, as it doesn't look like it was taken by the same person as the rest of your photos.

The rest then come as a disappointment. They are very dark and all seem to be taken at night. That doesn't work at all. Take them in daylight, let the natural light flood in to the apartment and take photos of the view, pool etc. in daylight too. The pool is a selling point, so some shots that show it clearly would be good.

Think about the order of the photos too. Of course, the first photo should be the strongest one, but make sure the next four are also strong, as only the first five will appear on the landing page of your listing, before guests choose or not to view the rest. Make sure you show different areas or amenities in each of these first five, rather than two of the same thing.

2. The interior of the apartment looks a bit bland. While many would say it's good to keep it neutral, I think you need to warm it up a bit and add some interest and design flair. Use artwork, rugs and throw cushions to add some colour and texture. If there is enough space, some sort of seating/small table on the balcony, so that people can actually enjoy it, and maybe some plants?

I am a bit confused as to whether I am seeing photos of one bedroom or both, as they are so similar. If both, then one of the bedrooms doesn't have any bedside tables or lamps and the bed is dressed in a pretty basic way, with only two pillows. The other one looks much better. I think you need tables, lamps and two pillows per guest in both bedrooms. Add a throw or something for a bit of colour and to cosy it up.

Likewise with the bathrooms, it is difficult to tell if we are seeing one or both. One photo shows the toilet paper on the vanity instead of the holder and some small items (not sure what they are) that look like clutter as they are not in the other photo of the bathroom. Add some white fluffy towels. You mention branded toiletries in your amenities, so show them in the photos. Think 5* hotel if you are marketing the listing as luxury/upscale.

Where is the dedicated workspace? Overall, I found the photos confusing. Add captions to them so it's clear that this is bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bathroom 1, bathroom 2 etc. etc. Use the captions to sell the spaces/amenities, e.g. 'newly fitted kitchen with all mod cons'.

3. Your listing description is one of the shortest I have ever seen. As a prospective guest, I would want to know way more about the space before booking. Remember, guests don't always read everything and also, you need to grab their attention straight away, so don't rely on the amenities list. The description should include mentions of some of the great amenities both the apartment and the complex have to offer as well as what's great about the location. You could certainly add more information in the location section too. What does Jacksonville have to offer? How close is your listing to the beach, the lake, which beach, which lake?

Look at other listings for ideas on how to do this, but for example, in the description, you could include:

Fully equipped kitchen with all mod cons and quality appliances and dining area.

Private balcony with a pool view.

Access to resort facilities, including free parking, pool, hot tub, gym and games tables.

TV, Sony sound system, Xbox and dedicated work space.

I hope that helps!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Elica515 

I think you need to trash all them photo's and start again,

Your description does absolutely nothing to entice guest,

I would say with your photo's and lack of description just about sums it up, 

I think you need to think like a guest, "Would I book that place?"

Your first 5 photo's are the most important,

Go to YT loads of videos