Anyone else's place not showing when "entire place" is selected?

Answered!
Alex10983
Level 4
Hitcham, United Kingdom

Anyone else's place not showing when "entire place" is selected?

I noticed today that when I search for my listing online it doesn't show if the filter for "entire place" is selected. Has anyone else noticed this with theirs?

It shows fine without but once that filter is checked it gets removed from searches even though it's set up as being the "entire place".

Screenshot_20231028-112255.png

Screenshot_20231028-111449.png

Screenshot_20231028-111441.png

1 Best Answer
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Changing the listing to guest house and then entire place then hit save seems to have fixed the problem for me. It now appears correctly. 

give it a try !

View Best Answer in original post

80 Replies 80
Alex10983
Level 4
Hitcham, United Kingdom

I have to be honest, I'm appalled by the supposed support that I have received regarding this issue. Considering I've had apparently four support people looking into it, which in itself is ridiculous because it seems that when I call for an update it gets logged as a new ticket and I have a new person assigned to me rather than continuing the thread.

Considering that I flagged this up on Saturday at noon and it's lunchtime on Monday and I still haven't had a support person message me and acknowledge there's even a problem. The last straw was getting a message at midnight last night asking me what dates I'm searching and how many guests. Implying that this is an issue that only I am facing and not an issue affecting hundreds if not thousands of hosts around the world. All I wanted was someone to say "don't worry, we see there's an issue and we're getting it sorted" but I still haven't had that.

Thankfully some of you guys have had more success with getting updates and I appreciate @Pete28 managed to find a successful workaround but there are going to be loads of hosts still completely unaware about any of this and I am confident that this has been happening since early October.

I'm going to put in a complaint because I feel gaslit in this whole experience and seeing peoples posts on Twitter and how Airbnb have replied, I'm not the only one.

@Alex10983 who are you going to complain to?

I assume they have a complaints department, probably as useless as the support so I've asked for details

@Alex10983 In a rather clever attempt to avoid complaints Airbnb does not have a complaints department. I suspect one day they may mature as a company but maybe not - maybe modern tech companies don't feel the need for these old fashioned concepts. At the end of the day, as long as they onboard more hosts than they lose and there is not a strong competitor there is no real need to keep every host happy.

I was just going to use this, but perhaps this isn't for regular hosts. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2838&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwixx9mAuaqCAx...

@Alex10983 Nope that's not for normal hosts like us. I suspect it is only really designed to keep cottages.com and other such mega-hosts happy.

Still early AM PST - they may not even fix it today - first someone has to rummage through their bugs and typically those that come from customers are not seen as legitimate. Such is the software industry.

@Pete28 I think it is fixed but you may have to force your listing to refresh. Go in and change the type of property to something it isn't and then back to what it should be. It seems to have worked for us unless Airbnb did something at the same time I did.

That wouldn’t be a fix - someone broke something and making the entire host community reset their property type isn’t an answer 😞

@Pete28 No worries then - You just wait for the fix while others who are more pragmatic make their listings available for bookings.

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Not sure how long it’s been broken, but Airbnb seems to be no longer showing some whole unit listings under entire place, and instead has them under the room filter. I guess that might explain why I haven’t head any bookings recently. Worth doing a search.

Alex10983
Level 4
Hitcham, United Kingdom

Hi Pete, I've posted a similar issue myself just now and spoke to support three times today. They're still looking at it after the first two told me it's still showing when it isn't. Have u spoken to them? 🙂

@Heather405 @Pete28 

@Bhumika could we merge this thread with the other one which has many hosts checking and now complaining about the same issue

where is the other thread please?  Please post a link here if you can. Thank you. 

Hello @Marianne89 

Here is the first link to @Alex10983 thread that is found under "Ask about your listing". There has been another one added since if you want to take a look

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/bd-p/manage-listing

Joëlle