Asking for critique

Kimberly889
Level 2
Lake Elsinore, CA

Asking for critique

Link: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/675349662290047697

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 10.32.51 AM.png

I have a 6bedroom 5 bath pool home but as of now I have zero bookings for October, I’ve reduced my fees with no avail. Any other ideas? My house is beautiful & well decorated. I just don’t understand what happened. I was booked at 100% all summer season.

Thank you!

is anyone else seeing issues is this Covid related? 

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kimberly889 Wow, what a beautiful listing! I've added a picture to give it more visibility in our community. I hope you're okay with this change.

Have you received any inquiries for October since you posted in our Community?

Keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you so much Paula! I'm sorry I just now saw this. I have gotten some bookings. I did get one complaint that I have too many rules. I have a lot to be careful for ':) 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Kimberly889  The travel/hospitality industry is dynamic, and can be influenced by a multitude of things too numerous to mention here. It's all about supply and demand. If nobody is coming to your area, then there wouldn't be demand. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your listing, and lowering prices simply attracts bad guests. 

There are no guarantees ever that an AirBnB will be solidly booked. 

Is anyone else seeing issues? We are hosts from all over the world. An AirBnB in Timbuktu may be solidly booked, and yours may not. Again, so many things influence the travel and hospitality industry, it's hard to say why any particular property is booked or not booked.

Covid? The economy in a particular country? Inflation? Who knows.  

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Kimberly889 You already know your place is gorgeous, but I feel you have way, way too many rules and extra fees. These two things alone would make me not want to book.