Automated Scheduling via Email for Cleaning Team

Answered!
Scott1598
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Automated Scheduling via Email for Cleaning Team

Hello,

I have an incredible cleaning team but they won't used shared calendars or update my schedule when I proposed forwarding confirmation emails (I would set up forwarding rules so I don't have to physically forward) for new bookings, cancellations, etc.  They request that I have a simple table in email that shows Check In Date and Check Out Date for each guest.  I created this manually and they prefer to have any updates added to that table with the email resent and the change highlighted.  I'm decent with basic automation and trying to think how I could scrape confirmation emails or the AirBnB calendar to append to the existing table in email and have it resent each time there is a new booking, change or cancelation.  

Thanks for any recommendations!

Scott

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Scott1598   Forgive me if my comment comes off as rude, but here goes.

Your cleaning team has asked you for a very simple thing - a table with arrival and departure dates updated and resent by you for each new booking.  My cleaning team(s) ask for the same thing, along with the number of persons, children and pets. As the host and the person who is benefitting from the property rental, I have no issues with updating and resending the booking table with each new booking.  That is MY JOB.

Use the .csv file that is generated by going into your reservations*, choosing upcoming and then export the info to an excel file.  The booking start and end dates are in this .csv.  Strip the file of unnecessary data and then email it to your housekeeping team. I do this once a week.  

*If you have reservations coming from a different source, you will have to add them manually to this table unless that source also offers a similar spreadsheet where you can import the data from one spreadsheet to the other, re-align it, re-sort it and send.  

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Scott1598 

Did you manage to find a solution to this elsewhere?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Scott1598   Forgive me if my comment comes off as rude, but here goes.

Your cleaning team has asked you for a very simple thing - a table with arrival and departure dates updated and resent by you for each new booking.  My cleaning team(s) ask for the same thing, along with the number of persons, children and pets. As the host and the person who is benefitting from the property rental, I have no issues with updating and resending the booking table with each new booking.  That is MY JOB.

Use the .csv file that is generated by going into your reservations*, choosing upcoming and then export the info to an excel file.  The booking start and end dates are in this .csv.  Strip the file of unnecessary data and then email it to your housekeeping team. I do this once a week.  

*If you have reservations coming from a different source, you will have to add them manually to this table unless that source also offers a similar spreadsheet where you can import the data from one spreadsheet to the other, re-align it, re-sort it and send.  

@Lorna170 Thanks and not rude at all.  I should have responded that I'm doing it manually and it's working fine.  I was sort of looking for an excuse to learn how to automate extracts into a Google sheets file.  I have a flexible cancelation policy so people do tend to cancel fairly often with new bookings coming on similar dates, but not exact dates, shortly after which means I need to update the table often, send to cleaning often, and ensue they have the updates captured on their end.  No worries.  It's working well so far.

Thanks again!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear that must be difficult for your cleaning company to juggle @Scott1598 

Could you not use one of the cleaning management apps to make things easier for you and your cleaning team.