Best places to buy bedding and towels?

Jaclyn67
Level 1
Washington, MI

Best places to buy bedding and towels?

Hi Everyone,

Just bought our first cottage and going to turn it into an AirBnb. The house has 2 full beds and 1 twin. Also has 2 pull out couches with full mattresses so the house sleeps 6-7. I am needing to get all of the bedding and towels. Can anyone recommend the best places to look for good quality? And how much of everything should I be getting to get started? 

Thank you!

8 Replies 8
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Jaclyn67 

Welcome to the CC

Though I can't recommend anything in your area, I would recommend double of everything linen/towels so they can be laundered between guests.  BTW that includes comforters.

All the best in your hosting.  Remember you can learn a lot on this discussion board 😉

Kim866
Level 7
Puryear, TN

@Jaclyn67 

Welcome to Airbnb hosting!!!!  I'm just going to tell you what we did and so far so good.  I bought online and on clearance--mostly Walmart.  I do highly recommend getting enough of everything for quick turn arounds.  In our case I wanted to be certain if I had a group of 6 staying a week and then a quick turn around that I had enough towels to get the second group through at least a couple of days.  Our rental is next door but we both work full time so through the week I am dependent on a cleaner and I do not have them do laundry.  I am not saying buy "cheap", buy good quality just do so frugally!

For bedding I keep 3 sets of complete bedding (mattress pad, sheets, comforters) for each bed.  It is probably overkill but better to have it and not need it........ I tried several kinds of sheets and settled on a wrinkle resistant that I found at Walmart.  

There is no set amount that you should spend.  You might want to start with the minimum you think you can get by on till you see how reservations come in.  Also if you have time blocked between bookings you may not need as much as I use.

I have found that it is helpful to have replacement items also such as tv remotes--sounds crazy I know!  We have had to replace the coffee maker (literally gave them ours) and a tv remote on the fly!!! 

Good luck!

Kim

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jaclyn67  What you want for an Airbnb are decent quality, but not over the top. No need for 1000 thread count sheets unless you have some super luxurious, expensive listing.

Sheets are something you'll have to replace on a regular basis- most stains can be removed (hosts become laundry stain experts) but some can't. 

I've found decent sheets online from various places and at the kind of stores that carry discounted brand name stuff because it's last season's or has some small flaw or a store went out of business. There's a chain in Canada called Winners where I've found good deals- I don't know what the equivalent would be in the US.

I've even gotten quite decent sheets at Walmart. 

While you will likely start out with "sets", it's a good idea to decide on a color scheme so you can simply replace a fitted or flat sheet if one gets ruined, rather than have to buy another whole set. So that could mean going with all white, or say shades of grey or blue or whatever you like. Then you could use a dark grey fitted sheet, a light grey top sheet and medium grey pillowcases if need be, or even a grey patterned sheet, and it will  still look purposeful rather than a hodge podge of whatever you happened to have clean.

My listing is eclectic and colorful, so I even use a totally different color fitted sheet and top sheet sometimes- like a burgundy fitted sheet, a grey top sheet, and pillowcases I make myself from patterned quilting cotton that has both colors in it. 

I've bought colored towels at Walmart, and a lot of hosts I know swear by those 10 pack white towels from Costco.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 wrote:

I've found decent sheets online from various places and at the kind of stores that carry discounted brand name stuff because it's last season's or has some small flaw or a store went out of business. There's a chain in Canada called Winners where I've found good deals- I don't know what the equivalent would be in the US.

@Jaclyn67 @Sarah977 

One equivalent is TJ Maxx (or TK Maxx/Homesense as it's called in the UK). I assume it has a similar offering to here? I've bought really good quality, branded bed linens there, as well as finding discounted stuff online. I've also found good quality towels and bath mats there and there's usually a big selection of both linens and towels.

Always check the clearance section for bargains. Often there is nothing wrong with the product and it's just that the packaging is slightly damaged. For example, I got a Superking sized high thread count Calvin Klein embroidered duvet cover for £20 instead of the original retail price of £300. It was perfect but the packaging was damaged. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jaclyn67 We use Costco for their packs of white towels which last well and are decently priced. I echo @Sarah977 's comments on sheets. We seem to go through periods when we replace them almost weekly and then go months with no replacements. Reasonable quality is needed for comfort but they also need to be well priced! 

We also use duvets and duvet covers. Way easier to launder than comforters.

Janet1197
Level 2
Scarborough, United Kingdom

I buy every from absolute home textiles.   The 180 TC sheeting and stripe duvets/cases work exceptionally well.   Their 500GSM bathsheets are just great 

Choosing the perfect bedding and towels depends on your budget, style, and material preferences. Online retailers like Brooklinen or department stores offer a vast selection, while discount stores provide affordability. Consider options like Aelinen for potentially more choices, but always research any website before buying. Read reviews, check return policies, and ensure website security.

When it comes to finding the perfect bedding and towels, there are several top-notch options available to suit your needs and preferences. Retail giants like Bed Bath & Beyond and Target offer a diverse range of choices, catering to various tastes and budgets. Whether you're looking for simple, affordable options or more luxurious selections, these stores have something for everyone. Additionally, online marketplaces like Amazon provide unparalleled convenience and an extensive array of brands and styles to choose from, making it easy to find exactly what you're looking for without leaving the comfort of your home. For those with a taste for high-end quality and design, Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Crate & Barrel offer premium bedding and towels that combine elegance with functionality, elevating the ambiance of any bedroom or bathroom. With such a wide range of options available, finding the perfect bedding and towels has never been easier. And for even more choices, be sure to explore Aelinen for a curated selection of top-quality linens.