Blocked nights before and after

Charlotte1011
Level 2
Faringdon, United Kingdom

Blocked nights before and after

With reference to this facility of blocking one night before and one night after, does this then block 2 nights between two bookings? We only actually need it to block 1 night before each booking OR after each booking in order to turn the property around. Not both surely? Or is it clever enough to only book 1 night between bookings and not 2? Thanks, Charlotte (new host)

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Charlotte1011 

If next reservation is starting on the date after a blocked date, then the date before is already blocked.  But if it starts on the second (or later) day after the blocked date, then you  always have 2 blocked dates between those reservations (at the end of the first, at the beginning of the second).

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Emiel1  One feature I would love to have is a way for hosts to individually turn off the blocked date feature.  Once in a while we get guests where we can tell they won't cook, it's a short stay, so it would be possible to do a same day turnover, and if we could choose dates where this did or did not apply, I can't see the harm.

The other thing about the 1 day before/after, which we have done since the pandemic, and a 2 night minimum is we end up with LOT of blocks of 3 days that can't be booked, which is annoying.   

Charlotte1011
Level 2
Faringdon, United Kingdom

Thank you for the replies and it is as I thought with the two blocked dates in between which really doesn't work as we do not need two block dates only one. It would be better if you could just block one day after only as this would give the turnaround time required as that is all that is needed. It should be given as an option on the drop down.

You asked the exact question I was wondering! It appears that in the settings you can't choose only 1 night AFTER each stay (which is the same that I need). I'm having the same issue with my calendar being filled with these blank days. Did you ever find a workaround? Thanks!!