Booking Calendar

Answered!

Booking Calendar

Help please.

I've got a guest that would like to rent for 3 months, but he states that Airbnb will only let him request two months.  I'm sure I've got something clicked in the listing to not allow over 2 months, but not sure what it could be (I'm brand new at hosting:-)

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Sondra

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sondra42  As a new host, I would strongly advise you only to take shorter bookings, under a month or much less. 

They can be problematic even for experienced hosts, as Mike and Jane pointed out. Airbnb is not really the right platform for long term bookings.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sondra42 Have you understood all the implications of a long term let? With Airbnb you won't have a proper rental agreement, no deposit and you are likely to create a tenancy so will find it difficult to evict the guest if they don't pay.

Hi Mike & Jane

No, I hadn't considered any of that - YIKES!  Thank you SO MUCH for the reply! Boy, I've got a lot to think about.

Since airbnb collects all the money up front, and I am only allowing 5 star rated guests with many host recommendations,  the fact remains that if they didn't leave, I would have a problem, or if they damaged the property I have no security deposit.  Is that correct?

Do you know of another platform that would be more secure on the longer (3 mo) rentals?

Thanks again for your help.  It is greatly appreciated

Sondra

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sondra42  As a new host, I would strongly advise you only to take shorter bookings, under a month or much less. 

They can be problematic even for experienced hosts, as Mike and Jane pointed out. Airbnb is not really the right platform for long term bookings.

Thanks for the advise Sarah. 

Is there a platform you know of that is better for the longer term (3+MO) bookings that you can recommend?

Thanks again!

Sondra