Booking an extended stay

Booking an extended stay

Hi this is my first booking I have had a lady who wants to booking 3 months or more when we go into the calendar it is showing all available so we click on the time frames but the longest  it will allow is 2 months. If we do try to do it longer it won’t highlight. Can someone help please? I have left the settings in the background blank so that the whole year is available. Also can you please advise what a cleaning amount would be suitable for this length of stay. 

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

When i reservation is extended, then the "change" option on the reservation can be used by the guest to sent the host an extension request.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3121

If no more nights can be selected, probably your maximum stay setting does not alow it ?

To have a look please share the URL of your listing here.

maximum stay is set at not set. The lady requires it to be the full amount of time as she is having repairs done on her house and the insurance company is paying for it so it needs to show the whole time she will be staying while the repairs are getting done.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Heidi762 

Well have you tried to change the setting?

Change it to maximum 180 days and see what happens...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Heidi762 

Your calender shows all potential bookings starting before 31 januari must end at latest 31 januari (date set to: check-out only)

Bookings starting after 31 januari have not such a maximum.

Is your calender synchronized with a calender on another booking-platform ?

Try to remove the check-out only status set on 31 janauri and test if it solves problem

If problem can not be solved, then try to make an initial  reservation to 31 januari.

After confirmation the reservation should be extended ("change" option on the reservation) with the remianing time period, by the guest or the host.

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Heidi let's wait for Superhosts and more experienced folks [I just started] and since you are in AUSTRALIA I dont know  if this might apply to you. It wont hurt to make sure thought...

There's something on AIBRNB called 90day rule,

In London one can't list more than 90 days [consecutive or in total per annum]  if its an entire  property. The rule wont apply to Rooms. This was done for sharing economy, short renting, local authority permission and so on... unless they have paper work conform to regulation Airbnb automatically applies 90-day-rule. [block it on calendar/bookings]

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

if u dont have time to wait or experienced hosts see this too late; so you wont lose a guest, try to do 80-85-89 days. If its allowed then even Australia might have implemented something like UK and Europe. 

Only connection i made was when you said:

3 MONTHS, [i.e >90 days] 

61 days is the most it will let her book at once

It is only letting her book 61 days

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The 90 day rule is only for London @Bes175 

Thanks everyone I rang the support and it has been supported