Bookings, security deposit

Farida50
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Bookings, security deposit

Hi all! Happy to be part of this community! I have to say that it s not easy and I am still learning... I had an issue regarding the price on custom length, then someone booked for a month and the price was for a night actually...🙈 I canceled it but abnb still kept this error. Basically I had to cancel this one month booking which is blocked now !!!! How to be able to revert it? I need to book some guests on December that s the best season! Also regarding security deposits how much do you ask for and I noticed that guests say that they dis not know abt it....I mentioned it on the fee section... Why can t we accept or decline an inquiry from the website on our phones ? Once I click on the pink reddish bar it says error then I have to open the browser and log in to my account...a bit complicated... When a guest is willing to extend his stay how do we do? Thanks a lot!

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Farida50

when the host cancels the booking then these days remain blocked by Airbnb and there are also other penalties. If the host has a valid reason to cancel, as you had, then you should have to call Airbnb and asked them to cancel penalty-free bc you are a new host and made a mistake.

Security deposit is not actually taken by Airbnb even though you can set it on your listing, I think it's within the "policy and rules"  or in "pricing and availability" .  If you intend to take it in cash on arrival then you should make sure your guests know about it before you allow them to book and to agree to it . So you should turn off instant booking. ( most guests don't read the listing carefully )

You don't have to pre-approve or decline INQUIRIES. Just answer with a text message within 24 hours.

But, you have to accept or decline BOOKING REQUESTS. Browse the help section to learn the difference.

With the latest updates, ABB applications don't work on old phones and tablets anymore. You have to use a browser instead

Every reservation can be altered, just go to the reservation and click on "cancel or change". The other party has to acceept it or decline it. If accepted, the payment will automatically go through

Farida50
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Thx a lot for your help!

Any direct contact for Airbnb?